• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered bun

Living_a_lie

Mama Doe
So my 16 week old boy bun was neutered on Wednesday just gone and today I put him with Selina just to see what they would do for a bit (I plan to bond them intensively over xmas period) but he still tried humping her and I'm just wondering whether this behaviour is going to wear off. I've only had Selina for a long time so not had this experience before.

It will take a few weeks before his hormones die down completely so I'd wait for at least a month before trying bonding. :)

It will take a few weeks before his hormones die down completely so I'd wait for at least a month before trying bonding. :)

I agree with Elena (that seems to be my saying of the evening). If after a month he is still humpy, then give it another month because it can take 6-8 weeks to die down but the bulk will have gone before then.

All that said, remember that humping is a normal part of bonding too but if you do it once the hormones have died down you will know it is related to dominance, not hormones.

I agree with Elena (that seems to be my saying of the evening). If after a month he is still humpy, then give it another month because it can take 6-8 weeks to die down but the bulk will have gone before then.

All that said, remember that humping is a normal part of bonding too but if you do it once the hormones have died down you will know it is related to dominance, not hormones.

I feel honoured :oops: :D

It took about two months for Smudge's hormones to die down and him to become bondable. Hormonal little bunny ;)

Back