• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Operation find Sweep a new wife-bun

catherine09

Mama Doe
It already feels too early bit I can't bear for Sweep to be on his own for that long so I really need to start trying to find him a new girlfriend.

I've been looking at local rescues to me (I'm Basingstoke so in Berkshire, Hampshire and Surrey) but there aren't many single does unfortunately

I have sent an email to St Francis Animal Shelter about Tinkerbelle, just asking how old she is etc but I expect she is either re-homed or reserved.

http://www.st-francis-animal-welfare.co.uk/rabbits.php

The RSPCA websites around here all seem to have no single does, all single bucks and pairs, and if Tinkerbell doesn't work out I can't really find any other does around his age (3)

If anyone knows of any rescue centres in Hampshire, Berkshire or Surrey (or even Wiltshire/Oxfordshire) then I would be very grateful if you could pass me the details

I have been through all the links on the rabbit rehome website but unfortunately there aren't many spayed 3 year old single does and most of the ones I've found are reserved :(

I have contacted The Rabbit Crossing about Tippy, so fingers crossed :)

We recently had the same thing, I think there is a general lack of females everywhere, of any age, we went to every rescue, RSPCA etc we could & only found 2 or 3 does, (10-12 bucks in all places) who wasn't already bonded. Luckily Lotty, 1 of them, is now bonded with our Simba, who had been widowed. They are best friends!

I really hope things work out & you can find a doe :thumb:

Good luck

Same thing here after Ruby died. :(

There are hardly any in Yorkshire and ones I've thought might be suitable are either bonded, indoors, already reserved or have other issues. I don't have anywhere to bond here anyway so would be at the mercy of a rescue.

I've decided it might be best to hold off till spring. Wesley seems quite content at the moment and he hates being moved at the best of times so I really didn't want to have to send him on another stressful journey.

It's just so depressing thinking of him on his own, though.

Does she have to be the same age? It doesnt make much difference to bondings.

My boy, who is somewhere around 3-5, is bonded to a girly who is only just 1 now (and was only 16 weeks when I bonded them), and they get on great.

:wave: Have you tried phoning as many rescues don't have time to update their websites? I know that Honeybunnies are based in Leicester but rehome nationally.

Dilemmas, dilemmas. I thought Wes being timid may be best with an older, calm bun. Maybe not, though? A spring chicken could boost his confidence... :love:

The cold weather would be an issue though - bonding wise, as I can't bring him in.

Dilemmas, dilemmas. I thought Wes being timid may be best with an older, calm bun. Maybe not, though? A spring chicken could boost his confidence... :love:

The cold weather would be an issue though - bonding wise, as I can't bring him in.

Maybe just look for a confident bunny if you think they would get on best, rather than a specific age. Rescues often dont know the exact age when rabbits come in anyway, so most advertised ages are a guess.

Back