• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a difference a lady-friend makes!

teejay

Warren Scout
Hi all, there's no real 'point' to this, I just wanted to share a happy thought from today!

I run a little boarding service for rabbits and guinea pigs from home. Our very first ever boarder, H, came back to stay with us today; when he first came (July-ish) he was a lone bunny, and believe me when I say he was a baptism by fire for us.....he was such a stressy bunny, he barely seemed to eat anything, he would point blank refuse to eat all of the nommy things we offered him, and we ended up syringe feeding him for some of his stay.....he gave me some sleepless nights while he was with us!

Anyway, when he was collected, I chatted to his owner about his stressy-ness, and the possibility of getting him castrated and getting him a friend for a more natural, happy lifestyle. I've kept in touch with the owner since that visit; she let me know that she'd given our chat some thought and that she'd decided to get him castrated, then she contacted me to tell me that she'd bonded him with a young doe....and today, they've both come back for a Christmas visit!

O...M...G.....what a difference! As soon as they set foot in the cage/run, both of them dived headfirst into the hay, then they polished off the bowl of Redigrass I'd put in for them, then they scoffed their daily pellet allowance in about 2 minutes flat......it was an absolute joy to see them enjoying their food so much! They both got really excited when I was measuring out their pellets.....bouncing up and down on the spot, bless them!

I can't believe the difference having a lady friend has made to H.....he's like a totally different bunny! I'm so happy for him!

Tracey x

What a fantastic story!! It must be great to feel you've improved his life so much by being quietly persuasive.:thumb:

What a fantastic story!! It must be great to feel you've improved his life so much by being quietly persuasive.:thumb:

I feel really chuffed that he's so much happier and settled now he has a lady friend.

Hehe.....being "quietly persuasive" isn't normally my strong point! LOL! But, I felt that I had to say something, because it seemed obvious to me that he was on 'high alert' the first time we met him, he just didn't seem to relax at all......but he's positively horizontal now he has a buddy! Hehe!

I'm just going to top up their hay and give them some coriander before bedtime!

Tracey x

Back