• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fluffy has arrived!

fluf

Young Bun
At last little Fluffy has arrived, just in time for Christmas:D I have rehomed him from the Cambridge Blue Cross.
He is a bit shy at the moment and is hiding in the cardboard box he had in his pen at the Blue Cross centre. But while I've been out for the last 3 hours hes obviously been investigating his new abode as there are nice healthy droppings in his outside litter tray and trail of shavings on the rug in his pen :D
It must have been very quiet for him at the centre and I guess he isn't going to be used to household noises yet. I'm imagining he must have been kept outdoors in the past as his owner gave him up because they had too many rabbits to keep. He is friendly though and gives my hand a snuffle when I approach him. I'm sure he'll start venturing out in his own time:) It took my last rabbit (coincidently also named Fluffy) 2 weeks to be brave enough to come out for a wander around the living room while there were people there.
I've not taken a pic yet as I don't want to frighten him until hes more settled in, but as soon as hes confident I'll definately be taking plenty of pics :)

Look forward to seeing pictures. Well done for re-homing him - I'm sure he will soon settle in.

Sounds like he is beginning to settle already, but it's nice that he has his familiar cardboard box with him. Will look out for pictures, but just when you feel he is ready. :wave:

It didn't take the Fluf long to settle in after all! Heres some pics of him :D

P1040883.jpg

fix red eye on photo bucket has made his eye look weird lol

P1040882.jpg

P1040896.jpg

P1040899.jpg

P1040900.jpg

What a handsome fellow he is! The photo with his little leggies all strecthed out shows how relaxed he is now. :love:

He doesn't eat the newspaper, does he? It can cause tummy trouble if bunnies eat too much.

What a handsome fellow he is! The photo with his little leggies all strecthed out shows how relaxed he is now. :love:

He doesn't eat the newspaper, does he? It can cause tummy trouble if bunnies eat too much.

I'm not sure if hes actually been eating it yet. Hes certainly been digging in the shreaded paper and chucking it everywhere! I shall keep an eye open to see if he eats it:) He also rips the flat paper up. I suppose straw would be an alternative? I don't really want shavings in his cage as I'm trying to get him litter trained on shavings in the litter trays. So far hes doing well at getting there in time:D

Aww he looks like he's making himself at home! Beautiful bun.

In case you werent aware, long-term use of shavings can cause damage to the lungs and other organs, so you may wish to use a safe litter instead. I'd reccommend megazorb, or many people just use newspaper and hay. If you put hay in the litter tray it should help litter train him, as buns love to poop whilst they eat!

he's so lovely - i must have missed him in there - we go in a lot - never saw him. perhaps the lucky little chap was not waiting long for a new home!!

Aww he looks like he's making himself at home! Beautiful bun.

In case you werent aware, long-term use of shavings can cause damage to the lungs and other organs, so you may wish to use a safe litter instead. I'd reccommend megazorb, or many people just use newspaper and hay. If you put hay in the litter tray it should help litter train him, as buns love to poop whilst they eat!

Thanks for the tip Nessar:)

Parsnipbun, Fluffy was there for just 2 months. He came in with his brother (Cookie I think) but after they were both neutered unfortunately they no longer got on together so had to be rehomed separately. Cookie got rehomed first. I reckon they might have only put him up for rehoming fairly recently due to him having to get over his op and needing to gain weight.

Thanks for the tip Nessar:)

Parsnipbun, Fluffy was there for just 2 months. He came in with his brother (Cookie I think) but after they were both neutered unfortunately they no longer got on together so had to be rehomed separately. Cookie got rehomed first. I reckon they might have only put him up for rehoming fairly recently due to him having to get over his op and needing to gain weight.

did you see thumper and his new friend there - and the belgian hares?

did you see thumper and his new friend there - and the belgian hares?

I didn't see any other Bunnies there as they knew I was just coming to see Fluffy as I'd seen him on their website, so they brought him into what looked like a vets room.

Thanks Threelittlepigs :D

Back