• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not Another New Foster Bun?! UD p19 Any Vibes Going?

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
A friend told me about this little guy. He'd been left at her vets, as the owner wanted him PTS because they're moving abroad. :cry: With the help of Bunny Burrows, he's now my new foster bun. :)

He's 7 months old and such a little character! He destroyed his litter tray in 10 minutes. :roll: It's like a megazorb explosion! :shock: He's been running round and round me and doing adorable flops :love: He's booked in for his neuter next Wednesday, which will hopefully calm him down a bit. He seems a bit frustrated. (He also has the most enormous penis! :oops::shock:)

I'm thinking Noel, because it's Xmas. :) What do you think? Does it suit him?

Noel1b.jpg

Noel2b.jpg

Noel3b.jpg

Noel4b.jpg

Noel5b.jpg

Noel6b.jpg

Noel7b.jpg

Noel8b.jpg

He has the softest fur! :love:

Last edited:
He's absolutely gorgeous - but looks a real mischief maker.
Just what is it with some people ....

He's so hard to photograph! He just won't stay still! :lol: Glad I've got a couple of good ones :)

He's just so lovely :love: I look at his little face and it breaks my heart that someone actually took him to the vet to be PTS :cry: Thank goodness the vet refused and tried to find him a home. He'd been at the vet for a week when I got him today.

At this time of year too :cry: Some people. Merry :censored: Christmas, eh?

He's so hard to photograph! He just won't stay still! :lol: Glad I've got a couple of good ones :)

He's just so lovely :love: I look at his little face and it breaks my heart that someone actually took him to the vet to be PTS :cry: Thank goodness the vet refused and tried to find him a home. He'd been at the vet for a week when I got him today.

At this time of year too :cry: Some people. Merry :censored: Christmas, eh?

It really churns your stomach thinking of a pair of waste of spacers who take a healthy young bunny to be pts, grrrrrrrrrrr.:evil: Geeze if I ever met them I would have words, makes me so angry.

Helen you are one of lives angels. :love:

Noel is so endearing and so gorgeous, someone is going to fall in love with him. ;) :love::love::love:

Most of my foster buns so far have been real cuddle buns! I think I've been really lucky! And the first two were just a little shy.

I'm sure the next one will be a true hell-bunny! :lol:

Aw he is just adorable :) Thank goodness he found you:D
What on earth is wrong with some people though? :shock::( If I was a vet and was asked to PTS a healthy animal I sure as hell could not and would not do it! Do vets actually do that sometimes?
Thank goodness the vet that was presented with your new bunny didn't!
I think he looks like a Joel, but I may be subconciously a bit against Noel as a name becase I work with a strange man called Noel whos always miserable and swearing :lol:

He is absolutely adorable!! :love: How someone could take a 7 month old rabbit to be pts!! I suppose all the rescues were full and they wanted rid. Absolutely unbeleivable!! Thank goodness he found you. I am probably being naive but do vets really put healthy rabbits to sleep at the owners request? Well, I have heard of dogs being PTS. Makes me feel horrible just thinking about it!!

I've never heard of a vet PTS-ing a healthy bun. I'd like to believe they wouldn't, but I don't know. I bet plenty are PTS with (what we might consider) minor health problems though.

I've never heard of a vet PTS-ing a healthy bun. I'd like to believe they wouldn't, but I don't know. I bet plenty are PTS with (what we might consider) minor health problems though.

:love::love: What a beautiful bun!

I'd like to think most vets wouldn't put to sleep a perfectly healthy animal...but I am probably being naive.
However there does seem to be quite a few fosters on RU that have the same story as your guy so that seems hopeful.
Glad he is with you now.

Noel was neutered yesterday. He was very quiet last night, but nibbling and pooping. This morning he stopped eating and his poops became tiny, black and lumpy. :( He's been very active today though.

I took him to the vet this afternoon and the neuter wound is weeping slightly. :( He's on antibiotics, Metacam and zantac.

I was going to ask for some vibes for him, but he's just jumped in his litter tray and started munching hay! :) I'm still a bit worried about the wound though. The antibiotics should prevent any infection, but a few vibes might help too!

Back