• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eye grooming?

One of my rescue buns is always licking the other one's eyes. He doesn't really groom anywhere else on her and she doesn't seem to groom him at all. Is it possible she has an eye infection and would him grooming them make it better or worse?

I would watch carefully for any changes in her eye (either caused by or from before the eye grooming), but some bunnies just seem to like grooming eyes- maybe relating to the salty taste?

Mine tend to like grooming eyes, especially my lionheads. Neither have eye issues but for some reason that's the area they like to groom and to be groomed. Both of them like it when I stroke over their eyes (gently obviously).

Tulip my bridge bunny had the longest eyelashes ever until one day when I came home from work my other bridge bunny Orlando had groomed them all off and all she had was pink rims.
She loved him that much she would let him do anything.:shock:

My little Lily (recently lost) groomed BB so much, he is still minus fur around his eyes.
He also had a little beard....like that Chad fellow of Nickelback...:roll:

Back