• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 buns to the vets

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
Hey everyone.

Just a quick question prob a silly one but just need some ideas.

Tomorrow i am taking two of my bunnies to the vets tomorrow, as i have been keeping an eye on there weight as i took them to the vets not long ago as they were loosing weight and he said keep and eye. But i am taking them back tomorrow as they are still loosing weight :(

Has anyone had this with there bunnies? I know it could be a few things but just wondered if anyone else has had this?

They are both in with other bunnies so I started to feed seperate to make sure they are getting there right amount of food and they eat like there is no tomorrow. Also they have there body weight in hay twice a day between the pair, then also grass if they are out in there runs.

I am started to get worried now as my sister lost one of her bunnies 5 days ago :( no warning or anything, just went out and found her :cry: Was very sad. Just not my year this year and know im starting to really worry.

Please comment if you have had bunnies like this. Thank you :)

Sorry to hear about your bunnies, looks like you've been doing everything right by keeping an eye on how much they're eating. Are they elderly? and are they pooping ok or peeping excessively? I would think the Vet will have to do blood tests if there is nothing obvious showing.

Hope everything will be ok.

Sorry to hear about your bunnies, looks like you've been doing everything right by keeping an eye on how much they're eating. Are they elderly? and are they pooping ok or peeping excessively? I would think the Vet will have to do blood tests if there is nothing obvious showing.

Hope everything will be ok.

Hello, Thank you. Yes they are both pooing fine, don't seem to be weeing more then normal no. They are both about 7 - 8 years so oldish but not to old.. I really hope they are ok :(

You're definitely doing the right thing in taking them. The vet might look for some evidence of parasites eg coccidiosis or pin worms. EC is a possibility. Hope it goes well and you get some answers...

ETA It may be worth treating as a precaution, eg with lapizole, but there are mixed feelings about that ..hopefully others will come along and post soon....

Back