• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 days of bonding

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
Hey so I'm on my 3rd day of bonding I was so scared the first time Pablo and Shakira have both been done btw. So first meeting Pablo just wants to get his wicked way. Shakira comes to me
For comfort! No fighting just sniffing. And lunging for each other but they stop when they get to each other. Same
On 2nd day and 3 rd day I let Pablo try mate with her but Shakira is not interested and just lay there do its more back humping Shakira then gets fed up and stamps feet. At one point Shakira did bow her head to b washed by Pablo but only a second so please tell me is this good or bad x

You need to let him mount her if that is what he is trying to do. You need to stop any 'wrong way round' humping (and keep an eye on excessive humping) and also any circling or fighting. The rest should just be left because they need to establish their heirarchy. Sounds like it's 'ok' so far though, but you can expect some trying times ahead.

How long are you doing the dates for? Are you making sure each date is a progression on the date before?

I try to do an hour a day Shakira won't stay still long enough for him to finish lol what should I do ? They are not nasty to each other and they have eat and washed in front ov each other I read this is good. X

Then let her move. It's not that he needs to do anything, that's just how they communicate with each other. In this respect, it is likely related to dominance.

It's not really 'mating' or sex as such, it is humping for dominance. Putting their heads down asking to be groomed is also dominance. Don't interfere unless, as Sky-O says, there is bad aggression or humping wrong way round. You need to let them establish a hierarchy and bond, you dont want to interfere or interrupt that. I've only bonded once, but my understanding of it is to stay well out of it unless you NEED to get involved, pretend to ignore them and let them get on with it.

Back