• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Painting the inside of hutches?

0XBunnyta

Warren Scout
I believe the wilkos brand of pain is pet safe and inside the buns shed i am contemplating touching up the hutches (just the place they can hop in and out of to feel secure) because i've had the old hutch for a few years now and there are water marks and it looking a little run down. Was going to paint them but then wondered if i should do the inside (where they hide and sleep and eat hay) or will it be all fume like and be unhealthy for their lungs? what if they chew the wood will it be ok to do the inside? :wave:

If painting the inside you shouldn't have the bunnies in there for at least 24hrs, maybe longer depending on the paint.

My personal opinion is that unless the inside of the hutch is a mess, I wouldn't paint it at all to be on the safe side. It's not like the bunnies are going to go back in and think "ooh, I like the colour ..." :lol:

My personal opinion is that unless the inside of the hutch is a mess, I wouldn't paint it at all to be on the safe side. It's not like the bunnies are going to go back in and think "ooh, I like the colour ..." :lol:

Haha :') yeah i wouldnt be bothered but i make youtube videos and want it to look nicer in the videos and when people visit the house (generally they want to see whats in the shed at the back of the garden lol) :lol:

If painting the inside you shouldn't have the bunnies in there for at least 24hrs, maybe longer depending on the paint.

Oh ofc They probably wouldnt have the hutch in use for a few days just to be on the safe side and make sure its all dry etc :wave:

Back