• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Games to play with a rabbit?

Vita

Mama Doe
Sorry, I'm probably starting a silly number of threads again in the past couple of days.

I need some ideas for playing with Ada now she is on her own. She definitely seems most animated when I'm interacting with her.

She often comes when called (if the calling is done repeatedly). She likes pushing things around with her nose.

Is there a bunny equivalent of catnip mice?

I thought about jumping a series of obstacles (like showjumping training) but she has only recently been spayed and I think the stairs are more than enough jumping for now.

I used to play 'hide and seek' with Flash and Sky (mum would distract them, I would hide, and then they would come and find me and they really really would because our bond was that tight).

Also hiding food and stuff is always good for stimulation, so you could hide it on yourself, I guess. :lol:

I used to play 'hide and seek' with Flash and Sky (mum would distract them, I would hide, and then they would come and find me and they really really would because our bond was that tight).

Also hiding food and stuff is always good for stimulation, so you could hide it on yourself, I guess. :lol:

Ooh, yes, that reminds me of a thread where someone (pebblesetc?) had hidden pellets under hay in a small box for a bunny to burrow into :)

I would love to have such a strong bond with her as the one you describe, but I don't think she's going to hide-and-seek me in the next couple of weeks, at least :)

She might if she comes when you call her name, and you hide somewhere and call her name and then give her treaty noms.

I play quite a few with Pierre as he is a single buns.

1) I play piggy in the middle with him ande my fella, we roll a treat ball to eachother and he runs after it

2) A treat ball with treats in that he can roll around himself.

3) Hide and seek is a good one

4) I play chase with Pierre :lol: it makes him binky

5) Also I stand over him and he moves, and I follow and keep doing it. He gets fed up and binkies away from me :lol:

I generally find that I don't need to keep playing games with him, hes happy exploring when I let him free range.

Bella loves to play chase :D When she was little and lived on her own she'd always nip my butt and run off binkying as I chased her around the room :lol:

Boris doesn't really like any games :lol: He's never been a playful rabbit.

5) Also I stand over him and he moves, and I follow and keep doing it. He gets fed up and binkies away from me :lol:
Heh. I do this sort of thing with food or treats.

The hide and seek, and chase, sound like a further stage of one of the things I've been doing today, to entice her out of the pen and to help her learn her name. I call her name whilst holding food and move slowly further away from her as she follows me until we're at the other side of the room, and then I put it down for her to eat. There's probably no harm in doing this quite a lot.

I don't think she feels comfortable enough for chasing to be fun yet, though I suppose we do a version of it when I chase her away from cables and she moves a metre or so :)

Boris always binkies if I catch him chewing a wire and tell him off, I bet he thinks that's some sort of game :roll::lol:

I play chase with Casper when they are in their run. Charlie is not so keen as he thinks I am chasing him to pick him up! :lol:

Casper will do it though and will binky when I chase him!

Back