• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local Pet Shop :(

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I really have to stop going in there :( There is a little bun that has been there for a few weeks. Not sure if it is a boy or girl bun but they are so fluffy and when I went in today the bun was covered if hay and I can see that in the future there is the possibility of matts. I really wish that I could get the bun and just foster until a home can be found but the OH has firmly said no :(

We've a new pet shop in town, but so far I've managed not to go in. Otherwise I would doubtless end up feeling like this.:(

This is why i now don't go into any shops selling animals and stick purely to either online, or pet shops that don't sell animals.

I'm very much boycotting P@H.

I think I'm going to have to start sticking to online too because I can't go back into that shop and look at the poor little bun :(

I buy everything either on-line, megazorb from horsey place and hay from farmer as I'll not go in pets@home. I think if I go in they will show me the door anyway as I went crazy with them over their animal care.
They aren't having a penny of my money anyway!

Sounds like they Dylan story all over again :/ is the rabbit really long haired? If it is, I'd go in and ask to handle it, check everywhere for matts. Dylan was an angora in a pet shop I was doing work exp. at, he was incredibly matted and they would of palmed him off to anyone :( Luckily someone off here took him home, and found a matt which I'd missed that had been choking him and stopping him eating properly :(

Sounds like they Dylan story all over again :/ is the rabbit really long haired? If it is, I'd go in and ask to handle it, check everywhere for matts. Dylan was an angora in a pet shop I was doing work exp. at, he was incredibly matted and they would of palmed him off to anyone :( Luckily someone off here took him home, and found a matt which I'd missed that had been choking him and stopping him eating properly :(

He's no where near as bad as little Dylan was thanksfully. He's not an angora either but just really fluffy.

I might go back tomororw if I get the chance to hold him and check. It breaks my heart though to see him there.

Poor bun:cry:

Our pet shop doesnt sell animals but she asked me today why I bought so much hay...for food and bedding I replied 'oh..do they eat it?', she asked me:shock::shock: I walked out feeling really odd, people come to her for advice and I have helped her now with advice about Guinea Pigs, dogs and now rabbits:roll: Do you get the feeling they wont be in business for much longer???

I thought I'd found a nice place that didn't sell rabbits but noticed the other day that they do :( so now I'm sticking to my horse supply place and online.

Back