• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I could just cry for her...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
...whatevers wrong, it doesn't matter.

She doesn't know she's not strong enough to do it. Doesn't stop her trying.

She's been sat, for about an hour, in the same spot, watching Biscuit jump from the floor, to the top of a 2ft high bag of H4P Timothy & Rye hay. He's been going up and down up and down. She's sat there, intently watching. He does it with ease, without even trying.

30 seconds ago, she decided to try herself. She doesn't know her legs aren't strong enough and she would never have made it. She still tried.

She bounced, got about a foot off the floor up the side of the bag, fell back down landed flat bang sideways on the floor, stood up, shook it off (head shake) and stamped.

She was clearly frustrated that she couldn't do it. But she still tried. She's now eyeing the bag up, wondering what to try next.

I love her, so so much.

My Ginger. :love:

That's so lovely and so sad at the same time. She's a little fighter though bless her. :love:

Awww, she is like my Inca. Herbie jumps up on the sofa bed and Inca just looks at him, she can't even periscope :(

Awww, she is like my Inca. Herbie jumps up on the sofa bed and Inca just looks at him, she can't even periscope :(

That's so sad Kermit. Ginger periscopes, but when she first came here, she would try, and would fall straight over as her legs couldnt support her. She still does sometimes, but nowhere near as often.

Inca is such a special bun :love:

She's so special :love::love:

She's also very lucky to get the chance to live her life to the fullest she with such understanding owners.

Can you put a box or something so she has a step to get up to where Biscuit goes? :love:

I did this for Sue towards the end when she wasn't strong enough to jump - but tried and fell over. It worked really well. Think I will have to do something similar for Dylan soon as one of his arthritic back legs is incredibly thin. It is so sad watching elderly or sick buns - but wonderful to see their spirit and their determination to live in the moment. I learn so much from them.

Thank you for posting this Gray. :) I'd actually been wondering how she was doing but hadn't been able to get on to post. Tetchy net connection today. >_<
Precious Ginger... What a wonderful bun!
(((((((((Hugs)))))))))) We know you can jump high in your heart, dearest. :)
Silly Biccy. Perhaps he is jumping up and down so much to amuse her?

Can you put a box or something so she has a step to get up to where Biscuit goes? :love:

They aren't meant to get up there :lol:

The bag of hay is blocking an area that holds one of my computers, and there are so many cables and its just not bunny-proofable!

Biccy's been sat on top all day on and off.

She's not tried since, but has been sitting and looking at it :love: - I'm sure she's thinking it through.

No idea if he's doing it to amuse her, but he's sure as hell showing off today, im sure of it. I think he's picking up on the excitement of Christmas and is showing off because of it.

Back