• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Honeybunny 18 week girly

batmobile

Mama Doe
Can I introduce a new Honeybunny girly. Jill and I have decided on Delilah and she will be looking for a new home as soon as she is spayed and vaccinated. I am fostering her (in my bathroom!) for the time being and despite what the owner said, she is not feisty, just very young, curious and lonely. As soon as you have hold of her, she snuggles into you and loves a nose rub.
She is going to be a BIG girl. She is 18 weeks and already the size of my fully grown Rex, albeit a lot thinner. I think she is a giant or certainly a Giant x or something big. She is eating hay like it is going out of fashion, is good with greens and loves kale.
The previous owner bought her from PAH to go in with her unspayed girl. She threw them into the cage (the other had been living in for 6 months!!) without any neutral space and needless to say, they fought. The only good thing the previous 'owner' did was get the other bunny spayed, after a lot of persuasion from me and I managed to rehome her to a fellow forum member, but when I received this girl she was stuffed into a RAT carrier to the point that her back paws and front paws were crossed over. The girl is stupid and naive, not purposefully cruel, but she took on rabbits without knowing how much work they are and decided her Xmas tree needed a space. Delilah was living in a 3ft indoor cage (with the intention of putting her in a 3ft hutch in the garden in the Spring) but despite telling her how she could easily increase the space with a puppy pen, she said it was too expensive and left the bunnies cooped up (The other bun was in a 2.5ft indoor cage and transported in a hamster cage).
I let Delilah free range round the bathroom today (she is in a pen most of the time as she is destructive - cardboard is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting) and found her sitting happily on the window sill stretched out. I love her and think she will make a lovely housebun or outdoor bun, with a lovely BIG male to keep her company. She craves love. Sorry for the long story but it is my first foster and I want to get as much information to you as possible. Please feel free to ask any questions. I will take some more photos tomorrow and post them.
So: Welcome to RU Delilah Honeybunny.
piper7.JPG

piper5.JPG

piper4.JPG

piper3.JPG

Wow she is so beautiful!! :love::love::love:
It makes me feel sick to think of her so cramped up, how unbearable that must have been....being in a hamster cage??? :censored:

Wow! :shock: and :love::love: Well done for helping her Jo - she is lovely!

Looking forward to a steady stream of updates about her ;) :thumb:

Well apart from finding her sitting on the window sill this afternoon when I left her free ranging out of her cage, I then discovered my shredded loo roll. I have let her out again for a bit of free range as I am on my long shift tomorrow and aside from her binkying as soon as she got out and charging round, she goes into her pen to pee and poo (as far as I have seen!) and I found her flopped next to her pen happy as larry. I can't leave her out permanently as she is a bit destructive and would start on my carpet in there but as long as I can keep checking on her then it is fine. It's not a huge space but it'll have to do and to be honest, it's bigger than she has had ever in her life (the cage she was in permanently was 3ft by 1.5ft) She is now in a 4ft by 4ft pen and let out as often as I can in my medium sized bathroom. Hubby will kill me as it took him hours to clean it last time we had my late Houdini in there. The difference is though that Houdini had constant sticky bum and was a bit incontinent so he basically just went whenever and we didn't have tarpaulin etc down then either. Anyhoo, she seems happy and the only issue I have now is her cheekiness and reluctance to be put in the pen. Her beady eyes were watching me before so I thought: Ok another 15mins won't hurt. Norty bun. :)

Bless her! :love:

Does she rattle her pen when shut in? My Spenser does, very persistently. I am working on improvements to his domain.

Back