• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about the Rabbit Rehome website...

NexivRed

Young Bun
..what happens regarding the bunnies who are stated as currently reserved? How long can a person reserve a bunny for, and does the website get updated that the bunny has either gone or is available again?

Thank you :)

..what happens regarding the bunnies who are stated as currently reserved? How long can a person reserve a bunny for, and does the website get updated that the bunny has either gone or is available again?

Thank you :)

that depends on the individual rescue ..

our usual reservation time is 2 to 3 weeks ...but we will sometimes extend this if there is good reason .

i try and update every week but it does depend how busy i am .

that depends on the individual rescue ..

our usual reservation time is 2 to 3 weeks ...but we will sometimes extend this if there is good reason .

i try and update every week but it does depend how busy i am .

^^ this. The actual listings are updated by the individual rescues

Yup. I personally try to update ours (RSPCA Suffolk East and Ipswich) instantly (i.e. the day something changes in whatever way). Our reservations tend to last 2 weeks, or longer if there is a valid reason, but we only reserve after a home visit whereas some others reserve prior to a home visit.

If you have a question about a bunny you have seen it is worth contacting the rescue and asking what the current status is if you're not sure that the info is uptodate.

Yep, thats updated by the individual rescues so it depends on their policies. They can swap it back to available if they need to. The date the details were last updated is included on the page. If you're keen on a reserved bun, it's worth getting in touch. It may mean something like a bun has been reserved pending bonding or a homecheck which doesn't always work out, so you can still let them know you are interested.

Ah okay, thanks for the replies. It's worth just checking in with that particular rescue whether a reserved bunny is still available then.

Cool, ta!

Ah okay, thanks for the replies. It's worth just checking in with that particular rescue whether a reserved bunny is still available then.

Cool, ta!

definatly ...sometimes a home will fall through ...sometimes we have a few people interested in the same bun so even if a bun is reserved you might still get it .

Back