• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A surprise new arrival today/ Fifi update p155

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Steve has taken Valerie to the vets to have her incisors burred yet again and it looks like he will be coming home with an extra bunny!

The receptionist spoke to Steve and then called me. They had a bunny bought in to be pts as the owner is moving abroad and can't take it with him. As there is nothing wrong with it the vets refused and thankfully the owner agreed to hand it over to the vets. Obviously it can't stay at the vets indefinitely as they are going to be shut over the Christmas period so need some where for it to go immediately.

We only have temp accommodation but its got to be better than the alternatives at this point. Hopefully we can get it ready for rehoming straight after Christmas and get it into better accommodation.

All i know at the moment is that it is black and white, no idea on sex or age. Now desperately trying to clear a space for a cage - not the easiest job when you have Christmas trees up and presents to be wrapped everywhere :lol:

Last edited:
awww cant wait to see a piccy of the new bunny!

just wanted to say your amazing for taking the bunny in :D

:love: Awwww, I look forward to hearing more about this lucky bunny once you find out yourself! :lol:

Ok I have more info as Steve has brought Valerie home first.

Seems like she may well end up staying here after all :roll: :lol::lol:

She is a she called Fifi, not neutered or vaccinated. She is 6 years old and is strangely overweight yet really bony on her hips and spine:? She also has growth on her eyelid.

It seems like the owners were 'going abroad' in as much as they didn't want an elderly bunny around over christmas so they needed rid now :(

Oh and she is dutch, nearly forgot that bit :lol:

Will be going up to meet her in a little while :love:

Thats shocking, that people take along a rabbit to be pts like a disposable toy. Poor bunny.

She will have a great new life with you.

Unbelievable! Sounds like they were horrible people. :evil: She is so lucky that the vets refused to PTS and you can take her in.

Just brought her home :love::love: I didn't realise she was only handed in early this morning!

She is a real sweetie. Her claws were really long, she is so fat that I can feel fatty lumps in her abdomen yet her spine and hips have nothing on them. Which to me only indicates one thing :cry: She has such a lovely tiny face :D

I think she will be Ok in a small cage for a few days as I doubt she is used to anything else. At least this is clean and warm and she will get good food.

Taken a couple of photos very quickly as the flash upset her. Will post them shortly :wave:

The wee soul, you and Steve truly are amazing people rescuing her. At least she now will be having a Christmas filled with love, warmth and noms :)

Meet Fifi Tinsel Fairy :lol::love::love: And to think if Juliet hadn't stuck to her guns she would be dead now :(

P1010766.jpg

P1010767.jpg

P1010769.jpg

P1010770.jpg

P1010772.jpg

Looks a bit like a sty doens't it?

Also, is that a thin patch of fur to the right of her nose Liz?

She's gorgeous :love:

Back