• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bluebells got another large lump on her.....

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i have found it three days after my daughter had found it. It isnt as big or as raised as the one they removed..but its growing still. If were lucky its just a case of another an infiltrating fatty lipoma.....

but i cannot take her to the vet when she seems fine........even with the lump visible...

I do not want to try and get her rushed in for an appt only to be told she cant have the op till after new years.......so im telling the vet whats occurred and then making an appt in the new year.

sigh...i seem to have had a lot of stasis buns with me here.........

:(

Hopefully it's nothing Debbie.

Dylan has a lump - and I didn't take him to the vet when I found it as it's not painful and I know at his age the vet wouldn't risk a GA. It was checked when I took him in after Munchkin died and it's just fatty tissue and I am to keep an eye on it. Dylan gets so incredibly stressed at the vet - almost hyperventilating - that I only take him if I absolutely have to.

The vet is coming here in Jan to vaccinate those buns who are due and I will get him to check Dylan again then.

It is so difficult trying to balance needing vet advice and not putting a bun through too much stress and bringing on stasis.

Vibes being sent for Bluebell xx

Last edited:
karen hun..so do i....im hoping because it was a benign infiltrating fatty lipoma that it will be again...and if we can find another way to treat it...bertie if he lives past christmas would die if he was parted from bluebell again..or kept in with her. But i guess being kept in with her is actually less stressful than him being at home thinking shed died..and what if she did under the GA:shock:

i agree...stress of a already stressed bunny or vets...its a hard call.

so far she doesnt see ill with it but its making her shoulders itch......oddly...last:shock: time she had a fever every few weeks etc..but when the lump was removed..or at least as much as possible....she stopped having high fevers and becoming so ill.....odd coincedence eh?!

ah dylan bless him:love::love: the lumps usually dont cause the bun too much trouble unless it grows fast and gets too big......so yes leave him til the vet visit.

not easy having to have buns at the vets day after having a death of a bunny:cry:

thank you hun..its in threes or fours this month.....sigh......rabbits are easy pets to keep eh....if only people knew..really knew..i didnt when i got my first bun...right up until the death of my third bun...now im pestering folks on here etc and spening time surfing the web for help too.

Oh no, poor Bluebell. You really are going through ringer with your poorly buns right now. I hope it does turn out to be nothing to worry about again. xx

Years ago I found a weird lump on Darcy and the vet did some tests. She found no mass and no infection so no idea what on earth it was. We had him booked in to remove it under GA when (I'm assuming) Beatrix decided to do it for us and bit it off! I couldn't find it on the floor anywhere. I took Darcy back to the vet but they said he no longer needed the surgery and as there was no infection on the site just keep an eye on it. Never had anything like it since (fingers and paws crossed).

Big big hug Debbie. I feel so sad when I read about your ongoing problems.

I was trying to reply to your thread about Lily and I must have hit the wrong key. I am so pleased to hear she is home and I hope she well be back to normal.

Poor Bertie as well and now Bluebell.

Don't know what to suggest, but thinking of you, Nikki and your furries.

I'm sorry you are going through this, sending vibes for all your poorly buns and for you at such a stressful time xx

Thank you both so much. Its an ongoing battle with bertie but loads of us have chronically ill terminal bunsters here..loads of us have gi stasis prone buns........and lumpy bunnies too needing surgery. Merlins gut strangler is exactly the same stuff bluebells lump is made of...:shock:

amanda hun i think youve had more than your fair share this year:( HUGS XX

fifi button thank you also xx

i guess life would be boring if it werent dramatic eh?!

lilys done a HOOOGE pile of BIG poops...has had about 15 mins half an hour solid nose rubs and cheek rubs and was purring like crazy:love: ive missed my little looney lily...crazy bun extraordinaire:love: so happy to have her home and improving......next 48hrs a bit disruptive...but cuddles in morning and at night...then free roam again.....:thumb:

Shall we be in our 20's again when life was carefree.

Glad to hear Lily is pooing and getting back to normal.

Have a wonderful Christmas with your furries. xxx

Back