• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often should I wash their fleece!? Seems a really mad question!

Bought Casper and Charlie a lovely thick fleece for the shed, I hide the snuggle safe in it when it is really cold. They like it and snuggle on it but they also wee all over it!

How long would you leave it before you wash it! I have washed it every day this week and OH thinks I am being over the top!

I know it's a crazy question but just wondered what people though. I realise if I wash it every day I am washing their smell off it, so that is probably not a good idea!

I also don't know how to stop them weeing on it. I suppose I can't.

X

Last edited:
The vetbed used to get me really badly!!

It used to look dry yet covered in hay, so I would take it out and shake it....

Exit one very wet Evie......:oops::oops::oops::roll::shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

Am hoping they might stop peeing all over it. Have just gone and got it and shoved it in the washing machine AGAIN!!!

If it's ok to ask something which is a bit of a tangent, *how* do you wash the fleeces?

I have lots of fleece blankets, and the washing instructions say 30 degrees, but that definitely doesn't satisfy me that they're clean. How can I sterilise them?

I don't wash mine that often. He doesn't wee on them, and they don't smell or look dirty. Also, I have a lot of fleeces for one bunny, so I tend to save them up and do a 'bunny wash'.

I clearly need to get more to rotate them!!

They wee in little patches all over them!

I wash them in the washing machine at 60 degrees. They come out fine, don't shrink or anything.

My mother has told me off for washing them in the washing machine, she thinks it is unhygienic!

I don't wash mine that often. He doesn't wee on them, and they don't smell or look dirty. Also, I have a lot of fleeces for one bunny, so I tend to save them up and do a 'bunny wash'.

Oooooh! I don't recognise you now you've been promoted to 'special helper'! :lol:

I also do a bunny/piggy wash :p:thumb:

Oooooh! I don't recognise you now you've been promoted to 'special helper'! :lol:

I also do a bunny/piggy wash :p:thumb:

Spenser likes the look of your fleece things and we will be ordering when your shop opens after Christmas. :wave:

Last edited:
I do my vetbed once a week on 30 then finish it off with the steam setting on my washing machine to sterilise them.

Back