• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beatrix died Wed early afternoon; initial PM findings post 86

Vita

Mama Doe
Beatrix is a bit perkier again since I gave her some Cisapride but still isn't eating by herself. She now has enough energy to wrestle with syringes of Critical Care again.

I'm really really tired. I don't know if I should go to sleep or take her to be admitted at the emergency vets.

The idea that this small beautiful playful creature's life might end at less than 5 months just because I could do with a few hours' kip is horrific.
But am I being silly?

I can't quite believe I'm asking other people if I should go to sleep, but

Last edited:
Phone the vets, see what they say, it will put your mind at rest.

I phoned them about an hour ago. They told me there was a different vet on now and it was up to me. (You can't speak to the vets on the phone)

I just went to see Beatrix again. She was a bit ****** off with me and was digging and moving around more. She seems a little better. I wouldn't feel bad to risk a nap now, actually.

Thanks, BTw :) :)

As I said in the other thread, it is fluids given IV that are an essential. Dehydration from diarrhoea can be fatal :cry: Hence my suggestion that she be admitted to try to stabalise her.
If you did not take her to the Vet last night then please do take her first thing this morning. I really hope she can pull through.

She is a little better than she was last night - she was moving around more and managed to escape. But still concerned and am waiting for the cab to take her in.

She is a little better than she was last night - she was moving around more and managed to escape. But still concerned and am waiting for the cab to take her in.

I would definitely ask about starting treatment for coccidiosis and I'd also ask for her to be admitted for intensive care, including fluids

Loads of vibes for her xx

I did ask them to call, but they haven't yet. They don't close until something like 7.30 though, and I did ask for her to be kept in overnight (a nurse checks them regularly during the night) so I could sleep.

Ada is still fine, by the way, running around, eating, drinking, friendly and healing well from her spay. She doesn't seem to be pining for Beatrix like the last time they were separated.

Back