• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best hay to tempt a non hay eating dental bun

ElsasMummy

Warren Scout
Question is in the title. I have tried hay experts selection and no luck. 3rd dental completed today and determined to try to get her on hay again to prolong time before the next one. ANY suggestions very appreciated. THANK YOU! :)

I have the same problem right now with my Bonnie and am soon to try her with Readigrass which can be found online.

Could get expensive!! lol!!

The Hay Experts and Ings have a bundle of Trial packs for sale!!

My lot have farm hay and LOVE it!!

Readigrass is good to nom..

Have you tried orchard grass? My Spenser is very fond of it, and not the world's greatest hay-eater in general.

Tell me about it! But I figure dentals are more expensive!

At least £60 a time but it may be that my bunnie at least will need readigrass and regular dentals. Its an ongoing saga just now until she gets an X ray. I hope you find something that works. I ordered readigrass from this website, I only got a small pack to see if Bonnie will eat it at all. They do express delivery too. I'm hoping mine will arrive tomorrow so will let you know how she gets on.

I know exactly how you're feeling fifi, Elsa's had 3 dentals, each 10 weeks apart but were going to start doing them more regularly. I had x rays done on the 1st one that showed some small abscesses which we've got under control with oral antibiotics and metacam.

Really good luck with Bonnie and the Readigrass, do let me know how you get on. Does she currently eat any hay/grass at all? Elsa doesn't and trying to convince her that it's actually food is step one!

Could get expensive!! lol!!

The Hay Experts and Ings have a bundle of Trial packs for sale!!

My lot have farm hay and LOVE it!!

Readigrass is good to nom..

I bought Louie some bagged expensive hay with cammomile and marigold. He wasn't keen but loves his cheap farm hay!

I have exactly the same problem with mine. I have two bags from hay expertd (cant think which off the top of my head), i sometimes hide herby treats in the hay, Poppy will forage through to get the bits & and I hope sometimes eats a bit of hay when doing so.

I feel your pain, I have spent a lot of money trying to get Poppy to eat hay, i feel im fighting a losing battle. She loves readigrass but it gives her excess ceacs (which she has everyday anyway due to lack of hay but readigrass seems to make it even worse).

Good luck.

Burns Green Oat Hay is often a good bet! Plus try sprinkling readigrass or dried dandelion over hay or the dust from the fenugreek crunchie bag... that always causes a hay eating frenzy in my house!!!

Back