• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Damned ANNOYED Mr Bennett chewed heating wire. Need to call BG AGAIN.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I pulled out all the furniture in 2nd bedroom to give it a thorough vacuum. He really has had a very good go at the bed. :roll: The sides, underneath and the skirting board.

Then I discovered the cable to the wall heater, chewed through 3 layers of cable protection down to the wire. The heater is still on and working. OH will go mad.

Plaster from the wall in the corner. It is going to have to be another banned room.

Is this one of those times when you really realise that having free-range house bunnies is a bad idea? :shock:

Is this one of those times when you really realise that having free-range house bunnies is a bad idea? :shock:

I've had similar... Mine are now back in their dog pen!

Mr Bennet is giving Milly a run for her money now!

Oh no, if it's working, can you wrap a good few layers of electrical tape round it? He is not doing his popularity any favours.:(

Oh no! How irritating and stressful!

Glad cable is being checked - sounds risky.

I admire your perserverance with such a destructobun.
Hoping you can find a way for him to cause minimal damage and still have lots of space.

I've had similar... Mine are now back in their dog pen!

Mr Bennet is giving Milly a run for her money now!

Yes. But to be fair now of my others have done this much damage in nearly 3 years. Took Mr Bennett 3 months. :shock:

Forgot to mention another wardrobe door and all the videos and books on the bottom shelf in the hallway, every single one.

It time for me to confine them as well Steph. I will have to buy barriers so they can have half the hallway and half of this bedroom.

Oh no, if it's working, can you wrap a good few layers of electrical tape round it? He is not doing his popularity any favours.:(

Oh no! How irritating and stressful!

Glad cable is being checked - sounds risky.

I admire your perserverance with such a destructobun.
Hoping you can find a way for him to cause minimal damage and still have lots of space.

A pickle Yvette, more like a true blue begger. I have shut them both up until I find a solution, it is getting a bit stressful and everything is getting ruined. I don't mind a bit of damage but this is slightly getting out of control.

Ali the copper wire is exposed. Chance has it that we changed the homecare agreement last week and no longer have to pay the £50.00 call out fee.

Vita I think my perserverance has waned. At least you cannot see the damage to the bed and skirting board or the completely chewed curtains at the bottom. The bottom of the wardrobes doors look awful.

Ooof the little monster! :shock:

Please be careful with that exposed wire. My Tilly chewed down to the wire on a standing lamp I had. I didnt realise until I plugged it in and brushed the wire by accident and got the biggest electric shock ive ever experienced :shock::evil: God I miss her :lol:

Isthere anyway you can block all of the vulnerable areas off with pen panels or similar, or is it just not practical? X

Im always hiding damage from the OH caused by the buns :roll: they really know how to cause trouble dont they! I wouldnt mind if it wasnt me that got the blame! Lola used to free range in our bedroom until she decided to chew up the OH's signed 1983 first edition of The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett worth £350! I felt sick when i saw it as i knew OH would hit the roof, she'd chewed through his head phones as well. It was really out the blue though as she hadnt done anything like that before so now she's in a pen. I moved the sofa recently too to find a huge bald patch, im going to lay wooden flooring to get out of that trouble!

Im always hiding damage from the OH caused by the buns :roll: they really know how to cause trouble dont they! I wouldnt mind if it wasnt me that got the blame! Lola used to free range in our bedroom until she decided to chew up the OH's signed 1983 first edition of The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett worth £350! I felt sick when i saw it as i knew OH would hit the roof, she'd chewed through his head phones as well. It was really out the blue though as she hadnt done anything like that before so now she's in a pen. I moved the sofa recently too to find a huge bald patch, im going to lay wooden flooring to get out of that trouble!

Oh god, you must have been so worried about telling him what Lola did.

I feel so bad I have locked them up for most of the night, but I know there is nothing I can do to stop his urge to chew and need to get a pen or barriers.

I feel so bad I have locked them up for most of the night, but I know there is nothing I can do to stop his urge to chew and need to get a pen or barriers.

I felt so terrible that i didnt even tell him, i left it for him to find then claimed i didnt know and was really sorry :oops:

It upsets me more because i dont want the OH to begrudge living with them. He was fine when i got them but he didnt really listen to what the commitment was and neither of us realised they could cause as much damage as they have, had i know that they both would have been n pens from the start. So far they've chewed skirting boards, the dining room table and chair legs (very badly) the carpet, the doorstops on the walls, loads of my sons books (he's only 18mnts so tends to leave them laying around :roll:) my sons toys, headphones, laptop chargers, my shoes, the back of the sofa, the list is endless :shock:

So i totally get your upset as i was when i discovered things, especailly when you dont realise for ages! The fact we love them doesnt make it any less annoying :lol: same goes for the damage caused by my son :roll:

Strawberry managed to get through the carpet, underlay, wooden skirting boards, an old oak door, one of the legs to my bookcase, the spine of every book on the bottom shelf, the electric cable that took electric out to the shed, and the stair banister. It was only when he started on the PVC windowsills that the OH convinced me to cage him!

:shock: The only house bun we had was Squidgy, and listening to this, I'm so pleased he was a gummy bunny! The worst thing he did was pee on me.
Very norty bunnies.

BYB would it be cheaper in the long run to buy a couple of puppy pens or NIC cubes and make just one room totally bunny proof? Then they could have supervised free range time in other rooms.

Makes perfect sense. He's caused a lot of damage in a short time.
You guys and your home matter too.

Jenova's suggestion sounds good.

I felt so terrible that i didnt even tell him, i left it for him to find then claimed i didnt know and was really sorry :oops:

It upsets me more because i dont want the OH to begrudge living with them. He was fine when i got them but he didnt really listen to what the commitment was and neither of us realised they could cause as much damage as they have, had i know that they both would have been n pens from the start. So far they've chewed skirting boards, the dining room table and chair legs (very badly) the carpet, the doorstops on the walls, loads of my sons books (he's only 18mnts so tends to leave them laying around :roll:) my sons toys, headphones, laptop chargers, my shoes, the back of the sofa, the list is endless :shock:

So i totally get your upset as i was when i discovered things, especailly when you dont realise for ages! The fact we love them doesnt make it any less annoying :lol: same goes for the damage caused by my son :roll:

Strawberry managed to get through the carpet, underlay, wooden skirting boards, an old oak door, one of the legs to my bookcase, the spine of every book on the bottom shelf, the electric cable that took electric out to the shed, and the stair banister. It was only when he started on the PVC windowsills that the OH convinced me to cage him!

:shock: That is alot of damage. Mr Bennett has only dug and chewed at a little bit of carpet behind the door. However it is time to keep him contained now, he has the urge to chew constantly.

BYB would it be cheaper in the long run to buy a couple of puppy pens or NIC cubes and make just one room totally bunny proof? Then they could have supervised free range time in other rooms.

Yes, definately this is the way to go. They can have the main bedroom.

I will have to post a pic of the my suitcases. I have to take one of them with me. They look so battered from chewing.:lol:

Back