• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Run flooring?

clarebear

Mama Doe
We have plywood floors in our run at the moment, which aren't that easy to clean. Can anyone recommend a type of flooring we could put in? Preferably one the bunnies won't slide around on!

You could put in textured lino, the non-slip stuff, lots of people use that :)

Or Foam matts from stables i think a few people use, not sure about the chewability (great word!) of that though.

Equine rubber matting

You can get non-slip & mine is really thick so they can't physically lift it to chew it

Equine rubber matting

You can get non-slip & mine is really thick so they can't physically lift it to chew it

I knew it was Angie someone but didnt have the guts to put down the wrong name and get it wrong :lol:

:thumb:

A rubber mat might be good but make sure it's big enough that the edges of the mat are outside the run :)

TC feeds in kensworth are the only place around here that do 12mm rubber matting. Its £25 for a 6 x 4 ft piece :wave:

Anyone ever used the jgsaw type foam flooring in their runs?

I've got some. :wave: It's easy to clean and very soft underfoot plus helps to keep the chill off. The only downside I've found is that the textured side takes forever to dry if you wash them so (if I was doing it again) I would lay it with the underside (smooth side) facing up. Some bunnies might chew them but mine haven't bothered.

Back