• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ravvit Vet Search .............. UPDATED: #67

whitehood

Warren Veteran
To ask a few questions to determine whether they're ravvit (rabbit savvy) or not.
Pm me if you can please.
I'll pm you the questions

Are there 2 big vet practices in Hayes ? I think I must have used Animalsrus in February. Is there a reason you want to use medivet ? I know you have problem with travel but is there nothing closer to you ?

Update: I phoned by myself lol.
Is £250 for GA for an hour expensive ?
Neutering costs £50 and spaying costs £60 with GA included.
I also mentioned my previous vets charge £85 for a dental inc fluids, ga, pain killers. And the lady said that's very cheap. She's going to ask the vet tomorrow for a qoute but I have a feeling it's going to be over £85 (way overrrrr)

Update: I phoned by myself lol.
Is £250 for GA for an hour expensive ?
Neutering costs £50 and spaying costs £60 with GA included.
I also mentioned my previous vets charge £85 for a dental inc fluids, ga, pain killers. And the lady said that's very cheap. She's going to ask the vet tomorrow for a qoute but I have a feeling it's going to be over £85 (way overrrrr)

What are you having done for an hour?

Are there 2 big vet practices in Hayes ? I think I must have used Animalsrus in February. Is there a reason you want to use medivet ? I know you have problem with travel but is there nothing closer to you ?

There's a medivet in richmond, 24 hours.
There's a medivet in hayes 15 mins away from me, my friends said it was good and they used it however it 's. Very pricey according to reviews. So I wanted to be sure I don't get ripped off.

There's also Pet vaccination centre near me but I was looking for someone who was more experianced.

Wow, that sounds expensive to me. We are £59 for a dental so I don't like the sound of the pricing if she says £85 is cheap. But then if they are a good vet it's worth it I suppose.

Nothing, she said the price for ga varies depending on how long it's needed.
So I said how much is it for a hour and £250 was my answer.

Thing is, you don't have anything to base that on, as it'll be dependant on what an issue is, as to how long they have to be under GA for, so asking for it on an ourly rate isn't going to actually help you know if its expensive i wouldnt have thought?

There's a medivet in richmond, 24 hours.
There's a medivet in hayes 15 mins away from me, my friends said it was good and they used it however it 's. Very pricey according to reviews. So I wanted to be sure I don't get ripped off.

There's also Pet vaccination centre near me but I was looking for someone who was more experianced.

I think I would try Animalsrus, at least the vet I saw did seem savvy enough. He recommended a spay because of womb cancer risks in bunnies, trimmed her teeth and recommended I change to excel pellets instead of muesli. I am prejudice against them as my bunny passed away there, although I am not sure whether he was there or not and one of the receptionists or nurses, not sure who I spoke to, was not great.

Sorry to butt in hope you don't mind. But on average how much is it to get the males do? Just booked one of mind in the morning and didn't even think to ask (Does not matter at all as he needs to be done any way) But just wondering. :)

Cost of GA will vary and depends on the weight of the animal as that will effect how much GA is needed. Those neuter/ spay costs sound good to me, I paid £50 for a spay 3 years ago.

Don’t forget when getting prices from people on here that you are in one of the most expensive parts of the country and prices will vary from place to place

I would ask how much their mxy vaccs are as a better guide and also whether they charge a consult when giving vaccs or just the vaccs fee

Cost of GA will vary and depends on the weight of the animal as that will effect how much GA is needed. Those neuter/ spay costs sound good to me, I paid £50 for a spay 3 years ago.

Don’t forget when getting prices from people on here that you are in one of the most expensive parts of the country and prices will vary from place to place

I would ask how much their mxy vaccs are as a better guide and also whether they charge a consult when giving vaccs or just the vaccs fee

Thank you for putting more eloquently what i was trying to say :lol: :oops:

Sorry to butt in hope you don't mind. But on average how much is it to get the males do? Just booked one of mind in the morning and didn't even think to ask (Does not matter at all as he needs to be done any way) But just wondering. :)

For Smudge I paid about £50. My older vets was £35 for a neuter but that was a LONG time ago now, about five years, and they charged for meds and checkup whereas my new vets it's included in the price.

My other vets charge £19 or £20.
If the dental prices are high, then I'm classing the practice 'only for the rich' :/

Back