• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Poppy's trip to the vets.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
We got in at 9.15 and had my favorite vet who has rabbits of her own. She is great. She said the pattern they use is why it looks like they are on the side, I can't remember what it's called but she showed us pictures and I understand now. She said that Poppy will need the collar on but I said a definitive no, she was so scared last night and ended up standing on her back legs and throwing herself back and landing on her back :( I asked if I could use a baby grow so my bf's mom has gone out to get one.

She said it is red because she has been licking but it's fine and there isn't anything to worry about unless the stitches come out. Apparently it isn't nylon like the reception lady said but something I can't remember the name of again :roll: :lol:

So hopefully the baby grow thing will work :shock:

She hasn't got the collar on so we're watching her and when she cleans her belly and we get up to stop her she stops straight away like "what?! I wasn't doing anything!" :lol:

Stage one! To see if it would work :lol: It is now sewn up and fits :)

IMAG0459.jpg

That looks really cosy. Bless her.

How do you manage to keep all that fabric lining clean? Is she well litter-trained?

That looks really cosy. Bless her.

How do you manage to keep all that fabric lining clean? Is she well litter-trained?

She is litter trained but had to take the tray out to stop her jumping into it, even though we had cut it down. She is weeing/pooing in the same place on the puppy pad though so the litter tray will go back there when she's allowed. I've cut the bottom bits off where the poppers were and it's come to just below the wound, she seems totally unfazed by it now it's been on for 10 minutes. She's eating/drinking/toileting so it's going well :) if it comes off then I'll sew the top bit together to make it more secure but it seems okay right now. I made the arms a bit smaller too for her tiny paws and legs :D We have 2 spares too :)

She's cleaning her feet and the babygro now :lol:

That's good news, she also looks very cute :love:

Did you have any trouble getting her into the baby grow, as I'd imagine I'd have more luck putting an octopus in a string bag then getting a baby grow on Alfred? :lol:

That's good news, she also looks very cute :love:

Did you have any trouble getting her into the baby grow, as I'd imagine I'd have more luck putting an octopus in a string bag then getting a baby grow on Alfred? :lol:

It was surprisingly easy :lol: she just lay there, it was just rather awkward haha :D she has a massive dewlap and it keeps riding underneath it but I've checked it's not tight or restricting and it's fine :) she looks very grumpy :lol: ...bless her! She is cleaning herself and lying down normally though so :lol:

Back