• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gutted, bit upset (Sorry could someone move this to rabbit chat, not thinking!sorry)

Soph1992

Warren Scout
Ok so I took the buns to the vets for the first time this morning. Turns out they are male and female so I have just split them up now. I feel awful, they cuddle up together etc and they can't do all that now. I have basically split the puppy pen straight in half; so now they have a smaller space which I am not happy about but at least they can still touch, see and smell on and other. Any way I booked Florence in first, which is the male!! So he goes on the 8th of Feb. Then even after that they still can't be together for a while :( and rascal is booked in 2 months after in April. Sorry for having a moan I'm just upset they can't cuddle up together and have a larger pen. Bit gutted hoping they were both the same sex it would just be nicer for them. And since these are my first ever pair of buns I'm worried they will not like each other when they can go back together. On a good note the vet said they were healthy and happy so that's good.:thumb:

Last edited:
aww try not to be upset, its best you know now rather then finding a surprise litter later, its good they can still see each other and hopefully bonding will be fine once they are both neutered, i often find opposite sex bunnies are the easiest to bond (neutered of course)
hope there opps go well when the time comes, im sure they will be fine

Back