• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When God Was A Rabbit

I've read it. I did enjoy it but don't read it expecting a story about a rabbit! There is a rabbit in it, briefly:(.

I've got this ordered from the library. If I like it enough to want to keep, I will order a copy. It got good reviews...

I got this book too expecting a lovely rabbit story - but NO!! it was totally unexpectedly 'rude' to say the least in a few places - glad I didn't lend it to my Mum!! Without the unnecessary gay sex bits and child abuse by an old man it was 'possibly' a nice story?????? Those bits didn't need to be in it! The best bit was the picture of the rabbit on the front cover!! I was disappointed to say the very least and it went in a charity bag straightaway!!

Last edited:
It is a brilliant book, I recommend all should read it, although it isn't as bunny orientated as you may think x

I got this book too expecting a lovely rabbit story - but NO!! it was totally unexpectedly 'rude' to say the least in a few places - glad I didn't lend it to my Mum!! Without the unnecessary gay sex bits and child abuse by an old man it was 'possibly' a nice story?????? Those bits didn't need to be in it! The best bit was the picture of the rabbit on the front cover!! I was disappointed to say the very least and it went in a charity bag straightaway!!

Would it of been okay if it had been hetro sex?

I have been reading this with my Girlfriend. It is pretty good. a touching tale. Actually made me cry at one point.

The rabbit element is a it thin on the ground as the book progresses but the rabbit is a constant presence and quite necessary in the context of innocence lost , growing up, loss etc. It is essentially a book about coping with loss and retaining hope (something that people who live with rabbits should understand / appreciate).

There is some sex in it... it would be a very strange book if it were written about the real world, love and loss without any. Some of the characters are gay... I can't for the life of me think why that would be a problem. I'm also not sure why people would have expected the book to be a tale MAINLY about a rabbit... strangely Watership Down is not about the Titanic ;)

I loved this book.

I actually found a pre-published copy in a charity shop months before it had been published, i bought it purely because there was 'rabbit' in the title, I lovwd it!!

But it's a book about life. Whether we like it or not, the things you have described above can be part of life. Plus it's a story & the parts you have mentioned add to it.

Back