• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Readigrass

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
Apart from online stores where can I get some. Ideally I would buy some from a high street shop tomorrow but have checked P@H online and they don't stock it. Would they sell it instore?

Also I found a 15Kg bag of readigrass for horses would it be safe to give to a rabbit?

Its for my dental bun Bonnie who is no longer eating hay or forage but loves grass but of course with the winter its getting harder to fine in the garden. Any suggestions will be much appreciated :)

ETA is this like readigrass too?

Last edited:
Excel Forage is a bit more tangly than Readigrass, it's less like actual dried blades of grass, but it is still just grass.
But maybe there is some similarity as my buns were as uninterested in it as they were in Redigrass. (These are their least-favourite hays!)

Do any vets near you stock Readigrass?

I don't think my nearest PAH had Readigrass, but can't speak for all branches. They do stock some things which aren't on the website, so maybe best to phone tomorrow.

I dont think P@H do readigrass, at least not in my local store.

My local independant shop does it though, and if they dont have things I want will order them in for me, maybe ask a local independant shop?

Thanks for your reply :) I'm certain the vet does not have it but he will maybe order it in. I have ordered some online after all, I found a site that does next day delivery which is the next best thing and I shall call the vet too. If Bonnie does not eat it the other rabbits will but I pray to God that she does.

The redigrass for horses is the same thing just a bigger bag. Mine have it every day. There is that one and also Just Grass which is slightly cheaper. Your local horse feed store will have one or the other

Thanks for your reply :) I'm certain the vet does not have it but he will maybe order it in. I have ordered some online after all, I found a site that does next day delivery which is the next best thing and I shall call the vet too. If Bonnie does not eat it the other rabbits will but I pray to God that she does.

Hi, do you want me to post you some so you can test it out? Sorry if you've replied on the other thread.:wave:

Thank you for the kind offers ladies :love:

I managed to order some with next day delivery as I really must have it before Christmas. Time means everything to Bonnie my dental bun and I'm hoping this will buy her more time.

Thank you for the kind offers ladies :love:

I managed to order some with next day delivery as I really must have it before Christmas. Time means everything to Bonnie my dental bun and I'm hoping this will buy her more time.

Thats great. If you do want to try the Just Grass let me know as it tends to be slightly cheaper for the large bag vs the large bag of redigrass and its less dusty too (dusty isnt the right word but I know what I mean!)

I buy the big bale of horsey redi grass from the local horse supplies in Larbert (dont know how close that is to you :?). They also sell small bags, but they are so expensive compared the the bales.

I get mine in a bale from Burnhills Equestrian feeds, it says for horses on the bag it's a bale of branded the exact same stuff in small bags for rabbits and cost me £11.00 for the bag. If you can find a horse feeds place nearby it might be worth checking. xxx

Yeah - def check out local horse places, at it will be far cheaper...

As an aside I noticed PaH are now selling large bales at shavings at £11!!!! Most horse places charge about £6 - £7 for these...

I buy the big bale of horsey redi grass from the local horse supplies in Larbert (dont know how close that is to you :?). They also sell small bags, but they are so expensive compared the the bales.

My OH's grandparents live there :D I could ask them to maybe pick some up. What is the name of the horsey place?

Back