• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mouldy bag of Science Selective

vick

Alpha Buck
Daisy has got to go to the vets tomorrow for a scan for a possible dislocated hip and I'm bagging up some of her favourite foods to get her eating again straight after the procedure. I filled a container with Science Selective pellets and thought they looked a little odd. Some of them seemed to have green fur on them and a couple were soft and white. When I looked inside the bag there was a fist sized clump of mouldy pellets all stuck together! Many pellets near the clump were mouldy too. I have been feeding my buns with this rubbish for the last week - I hadn't noticed until now. :evil:

I've been trying to get Daisy to eat and no wonder she's not been interested when the pellets have had mould on them.

It's a 10kg sack so I will be complaining. I've now got the hassle of going back to the shop and hopefully getting the bag exchanged. Sorry for the rant but why do these things always happen at the worst times?

I have noticed that when I left the lid on the dustbin ajar and some water got in. The last time I had a big sack I noticed there were a couple of holes in the packaging that oddly looked like they were meant to be there. Maybe they have been out in the rain at some point during transit? Not great customer service!

It was opened only a few days ago. We kept it inside the house as we have done with sacks of pellets for the last 4 years. This is the first time it's happened.

I now have a new bag that is uncontaminated, so me and the bunnies are happy again!

This is why I empty mine into smaller containers, once emptied two bags into a food bin, my mum was feeding them that weekend and had left the lid off, 20kg of food ruined :roll: I'm not sure supreme would refund

Back