• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mayday mayday!! *Pic*

Not great but no idea what it is supposed to look like :( !!

IMAG0453.jpg

That looks like she has chewed her stitches and it is held together by internal stitches only. I wonder why they used external stitches like that :?

I'd probably get it checked, althought I don't think Finx had any external stitches, so I'm not sure what they are supposed to look like. Maybe you can just the vets for an opinion on whether they need a look? :)

Poor bun. My Daisy was spayed 5 weeks ago and her wound was internally stitched and then glued - so her wound just looked like a line in the skin.
I would definitely get her to the vets tomorrow morning. What bedding is on at the moment? x

is that stitches hanging out??? looks like she may have pulled on them....

They don't look like they have moved but they must have if it's gone like that :shock: She's scaring me now..

That looks like she has chewed her stitches and it is held together by internal stitches only. I wonder why they used external stitches like that :?

I know, I thought they would use glue like they did on the boys. When we take her back to the vets tomorrow (booking an appointment first thing..) I will ask for glue to be used.. we couldn't keep her in the collar because she can't/won't eat hay and she couldn't get to her pellets. I feel so bad now :(

On Ada, the lower part was a little bloody and raw looking, but not wide like that. I would be getting Poppy to a vet. Someone more experienced needs to advise whether that should be tonight or tomorrow morning.

I will put up the picture of Ada's the day after.

She chewed at the stitches, but not enough to pull them apart.

IMG_1838.jpg

Sorry it's a bit blurry; it was really difficult to photograph it with no one else to hold her.

She possibly shouldn't have been periscoping, but she did it spontaneously if I came up to the pen anyway.

I'd get her to the vet and ask them to put some better stitches in. Ask if there is something else they can use as if they use the same stuff again you may end up with the same result. They look very thick. I'm no expert but what they've actually used doesn't look right to me.

I'd probably get it checked, althought I don't think Finx had any external stitches, so I'm not sure what they are supposed to look like. Maybe you can just the vets for an opinion on whether they need a look? :)

I'm so angry they didn't use glue, she will have to go GA again and I really don't want that :( she's 4 and the actual spay was scary enough, and now this :( I'll have to hold my tongue tomorrow. They open at half 8 for calls :evil:

Poor bun. My Daisy was spayed 5 weeks ago and her wound was internally stitched and then glued - so her wound just looked like a line in the skin.
I would definitely get her to the vets tomorrow morning. What bedding is on at the moment? x

Just blankets and puppy pads. Ringing first thing tomorrow :(

Poor Poppy, and how stressful for you.

I hope she gets something better this time.

Ada has dissolvable stitches. The glue sounds like a good option.
The bandage worked to distract A from chewing her stitches, even though it always moved so it didn't cover them completely.

can you not get her to the emergency vet?? i dont know if anyone else thinks this is the best option but this is what i would do as i would be worried she would pull on them during the night when i couldnt watch her xxx

Sorry it's a bit blurry; it was really difficult to photograph it with no one else to hold her.

She possibly shouldn't have been periscoping, but she did it spontaneously if I came up to the pen anyway.

Is that glue they used with Ada??

I'd get her to the vet and ask them to put some better stitches in. Ask if there is something else they can use as if they use the same stuff again you may end up with the same result. They look very thick. I'm no expert but what they've actually used doesn't look right to me.

It looks like when the cat was spayed. It looked fine yesterday, she keeps flopping so we just keep looking. I'm so annoyed with the vets, I trust them so much but now I'm just going to get angry with them if they don't do what I tell them she needs :evil: GLUE! Grr...

can you not get her to the emergency vet?? i dont know if anyone else thinks this is the best option but this is what i would do as i would be worried she would pull on them during the night when i couldnt watch her xxx

My bf is vigilante tonight.. no sleep for him!

Back