• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A family friend has a new addition..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
In the form of a very large french lop.. renamed Delilah. Previous name; Bahbah. Why Bahbah you ask? She was bought for a 5 month old baby!! I got angry enough over that stupid girl from my school getting one for her 9 month old.. but poor Delilah :( she was in a hamster cage!! For 7 months!!! :( My mom told me she has the same colouring as Poppy, the same size as Leo though. So huge...

She is having a dental soon because she was fed museli food when they felt like it and no hay. Family friend ended up getting very angry at the woman and told her she was stupid for buying such a complex pet for a baby and apparently the woman said "like we'll get one again though, they're proper boring!" ...

She wasn't let out of the cage for those 7 months :( she has clear muscular problems :( and can't balance at all :( :evil: she is in a 32 inch dog crate at the moment because she doesn't want to push too much room on her at once, with the hamster cage base as a litter tray, and nomming hay like there is no tomorrow!

My mom was really upset about it, and I'm glad the family friend heard about Del because she has g'piggies and rabbits and knows so much about them both she couldn't have gone to a better place!

Some people are seriously beyond me! :evil:

Last edited:
Goodness. How terrible, and downright ridiculous. Buying a pet for a 5 month old baby??? And surely battery chickens have more room to move than a giant rabbit in a hamster cage?

Thats so sad, but great that she has a happy ending.

Remember the rexes I rescued? They were the pets of a toddler. I dont get what makes people think such young children need pets! They would be happier with a cuddly toy.

Glad she has a forever home now and some more space, bet she couldnt move at all in the hamster cage :(

Oh and I think you mean litter tray not lottery tray ;) eta just saw you changed it as I posted

Goodness. How terrible, and downright ridiculous. Buying a pet for a 5 month old baby??? And surely battery chickens have more room to move than a giant rabbit in a hamster cage?

She must have been so uncomfortable :( I can't remember what the cage is but o hope it wasn't a flat topped one, even though they are all tiny from pet shops :( I don't understand how they could leave a bunny of any size in a hamster cage.. did the pet shop not think it strange they were buying a rabbit and hamster cage.. :shock:

Thats so sad, but great that she has a happy ending.

Remember the rexes I rescued? They were the pets of a toddler. I dont get what makes people think such young children need pets! They would be happier with a cuddly toy.

Glad she has a forever home now and some more space, bet she couldnt move at all in the hamster cage :(

Oh and I think you mean litter tray not lottery tray ;) eta just saw you changed it as I posted

Yeah lol, I'm on my phone so it predicts everything.. wrong! :lol:

I think children should grow up first, we had Poppy (first pet and first rabbit) I was 15 and totally ready for a pet, a 5 month old is learning to sit up! My mom was really upset about it because she knows how big she is, I bet she couldn't even turn around :(

Back