• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do i do??

md321

Warren Scout
Peter looks bored in his hutch due to the fact he can't come inside in the freezing weather......so what can i do to keep him entertained? I've stuffed some cardboard tubes with hay and treats to keep him busy but that wont keep him busy all winter so i need some more ideas. What do you do in the winter to keep your rabbit busy?

I always find a big box of hay with dried herbs and bramble leaves and a few treats mixed in goes down very well :D
Also, a box of screwed up newspaper balls with some treats hidden in some of the newspaper :)

Willow sticks go down a treat when mine are in for the night. I also have a metal treat ball with a bell hanging from the front window that I stuff greens in for them to work for, and a few wooden chew toys that they throw about - I rotate them so they can be forgotten for a while when they get boring and then give them back :)

Thanks. If i hang cardboard tubes from the hutch door using string do u think the string would bother him if he swallowed any?

Thanks. If i hang cardboard tubes from the hutch door using string do u think the string would bother him if he swallowed any?

I'm not sure, I guess if it was made of natural materials? I've never used string before. Sorry, not very helpful! :oops:

Sisal or seagrass twine are safe for rabbits - this advice came from the people at The Hay Experts

The best thing for him to have would be a large run attached to his hutch, maybe with a tunnel in, so he can still get exercise and not be bored. :)

I've been thinking about attaching his run to his hutch but his hutch is on concrete and it's about 2-3 feet of the ground so that wont work.

I agree with Nessar - exercise is the best. I'd be bored, too, just sitting in a little room all day and night.

Back