• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'let me take him' vibes from RU. NOT GETTING HIM - Post 38

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Can't go into the story too much, but my OHs mate has a bunny and he told me last night that he doesn't have time for said bunny and asked if i wanted him.

Long story short, i asked Collielover and she has space for him, so i said to OHs mate....he is now saying that his MIL might take him.

Anyways, i knew that OHs mate was out today, so i went to his house to see said bun.......bun had 3ft ish hutch, no bedding, minimal amount of eating hay, mouldy water bottle, no food.......wee soul

So, i put hay (a whole bag of the mini excel, so not enough for bedding!) and some veg in and cleaned the water bottle as best i could with the snow and put in fresh water.

I know that if MIL takes him, he will be in that same hutch over the winter.......i need him to let me take him.....OH is gonna speak to him tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I keep on looking at my two sitting here in total warmth and comfort, then i think of this little one outside alone in freezing temperatures.......I am thinking that i should have just taken him today when i was up and dealt with the fallout later!

Well i have been thinking about this little one all night now. OH won't get the chance to speak to his mate until after work. I am gonna go up there after my work and take up more hay and veggies.

It is a bit milder here this morning, the frost is melting, so at least the temperature should be a bit better for the wee lad.

Well i have been thinking about this little one all night now. OH won't get the chance to speak to his mate until after work. I am gonna go up there after my work and take up more hay and veggies.

It is a bit milder here this morning, the frost is melting, so at least the temperature should be a bit better for the wee lad.

What a terrible shame for the wee bun. I hope you manage to get him and he can get warmed up and snuggled into a big bed of hay. Does Debbie have space for him?

Back