• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she's joking.... PLEASE TELL ME SHE'S JOKING!!! *WARNING MASSIVE RANT*

shell1805

Mama Doe
i promise to tell you this as calmly as i possibly can but i warn you at this present moment i am shaking and seeing red :censored:

me and my sister do not talk. i have deleted her off facebook, she doesnt have my number. mainly, not completely, over her dumping her bun on me.
i had no idea she had my email address (i do wonder if she got it off my mum, who promised me she would stay out of it!)

i have recieved an email just now off her. she started of apologising for various things and included at the end dumping freddy on me. she said she knew i would take him, and she knew the guilt trip would have worked. in a weird way i thought this was big of her to admit it. what i read next made my blood run cold.....

she then went on to say the kids (i have 2 nieces and a nephew) missed having a pet and that they really missed having a bun. (this is the same kids that were scared of freddy as he bit and kicked out. did i forget to say this was the soppiest bun EVER!) she wants to get them a bun for christmas.... not just any bun.... she wants BELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :censored: :shock: :censored:

apparenly i got a bun 'free' off her and she thinks its only fair i give her one back. not only that, im 'GOOD' with the whole tameing thing so i should be able to tame another bun 'UP' like bella.

the kids really like bella and she has already asked them that if 'santa brought them bella would they be happy'??? :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

she ended the email with, did i want to upset and disappoint the kids... what with not seeing them anyway its the least i could do!

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SHAKING I AM SO MAD. I COULD CRY MY EYES OUT, WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

:shock::shock: I really dont know what to say and well what I would say to her isnt printable on here

:shock: How odd! :? I would tell her no way not a chance...if she has mentioned it to her children then thats her problem. Why on earth would you part with Bella for her (even if you hadnt fallen out before!) :roll:

I meant to add...the bit about you upsetting the children is just emotional blackmail! :?

Bloody hell how awful!!! :shock: I'm lost for words! No wonder you weren't speaking, I'd stick to my guns if I were you. Tell her that giving away one of your buns would be like her giving away one of her kids x

i just cant believe it :cry: the way she worded it made it seem like a simple 'transaction' :cry:

the thing is if she was responsible and a good animal owner i would gladly help educate the kids and find a rescue bun for them but she is hopeless and selfish. to ask for bella like 'meh, its just a animal. you can get another one' :cry:

i feel sick :cry:

and she asked the kids.... asked the KIDS!!! now im going to seem like the monster that ruined their christmas!!!! :cry:

I personally think you have 2 choices:-

1. Ignore her. You don't generally have contact, so just ignore her.

2. Tell her to get stuffed (or similar). By email. And that no bunny
you own or have anything to do with will go to her/the kids.

Either way, don't let her blackmail you i.e. about the kids' feelings. Take no notice, regardless of what she says. Blackmailing someone with how children will feel is the lowest of the low, so tell her to push off.

I would add a third choice:

assume it is a joke

write back as if it was a joke

something like . . 'gosh you almost had me fooled for a minute lol lol!!! Great joke!!! So what do the kids really want for Xmas?'

Make her realise that its SO absurd it just has to be a joke!!

(failing that delete ALL her contact details, memory, photos, etc from your life and life history . . 'I have no sister' type thing)

:shock::shock::shock: Unbelievable :shock::shock::shock: I'm not surprised you don't have anything to do with her. I'd keep it that way if I were you.

I'm sorry but that whole post made me laugh. What a complete and utter moron :lol: I agree that taking it as a joke and writing back as a joke but with a serious tinge is the way to do it.

If she is that moronic that she is serious then she is just trying to guilt trip you again because it worked before. This time it obviously won't because you wouldn't let Bella go to her. Why not offer for her children to come over every X to spend special Bella time and learn abotu bunnies, as their Christmas present?

I would just ignore her, don't bother to reply at all, she sounds like an idiot to me. Take no notice, the kids will 'get over it' she may not have even mentioned it to them at all, why would she as a mother get their hopes up to disappoint them?

Hare sends gentle licks to you and Bella xx :love:

*speechless*

I can't really add to what others have said, but hugs to you and nuzzles to YOUR beautiful Bella. xxx

i emailed back saying, basically are you joking! i know what give me your eldest kid and i'll consider it.... what i got back was:

now your being childish. the kids really want a rabbit and you know how much lauren (their eldest) has been through lately (long story)
whats your other one like? if we came over sometime this week (she doesnt even know where i moved to) can we have a look at them both?

HAS SHE MISSED THE WHOLE POINT OR AM I GOING INSANE!!!!! :cry:

seriously, is it me??

Oh gosh!! :shock: :censored: Poor you! :( Don't really know what to say but I'm here if you need to 'vent' or talk xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
:shock: Words fail me. This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! I can see why you don't speak to her :evil: What an idiot.

I'm sorry but that whole post made me laugh. What a complete and utter moron :lol: I agree that taking it as a joke and writing back as a joke but with a serious tinge is the way to do it.

If she is that moronic that she is serious then she is just trying to guilt trip you again because it worked before. This time it obviously won't because you wouldn't let Bella go to her. Why not offer for her children to come over every X to spend special Bella time and learn abotu bunnies, as their Christmas present?

i would more than gladly have the kids over to play with bella or any of my animals come to think of it but:

1) her eldest is scared of dogs so wont come because of bentley
2)her youngest doesn't really know me (she is 5, thats how bad mine and my sisters relationship is :()

and
3) harvey kicked bentley in the mouth when he was a puppy and made his bite off centre. it was an accident, he went to kick a ball for him and bentley ran at it the same time but when i told my sister she said it was MY fault and who the hell did i thibk i was accussing her kid.

promised myself that would be the last time i would have my animals around them sadly :cry:

I'd just tell her very firmly, "no way". Explain in said email that she is a terrible bunny owner - tell her some home truths (I'm sure there are a few) and that no-one in their right mind would allow her to own a bunny and that your bunnies are yours and not for sale/exchange. Say that if the kids want to come and say hi and play with them, that's fine, but they're not going to have one.

Alternatively, just tell her to grow up and sod off.

No its not you. She is obviously completely clueless and for this reason I think you need to spell it out clearly, then ignore her because you will only get more upset if you don't I'm afraid. I take it there is no way she could get access to your bunnies, ie she doesnt have a key to your house or couldnt get in to your garden (depending on whether they are housebunnies or outdoors buns). Also might be worth sending the message that was going around just recently about rabbits not being a toy - ie the Make Mine Chocolate message, or the one Honeybunny put up recently.

Back