• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cautiously saying, "Hello, RU"...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
.. cautious as he's very shy.

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

He's just a temporary resident here, he'll be looking for a new home in mid-January.

Same old, grandparents got him as a bribe to try and get the grandkids to visit more often, didn't work out, grandkids not really interested, grandma fed up with feeding and scooping poop with very little return :cry::cry: I got him via a colleague who was asking around people with young kids to see if anyone wanted a rabbit - he's been rejected as a child's toy once already I wanted him to get a proper chance this time.

Bunny is male and about 6 months, he's had his myxi jab and apart from being a little overweight seems in good nick - hasn't been neglected physically but blatently hasn't been interacted with as he's very cautious and wary. He won't take food off me or let me stroke him but he's not scared of me any more and his little face brightens up when I got over to talk to him - he holds a good conversation through the mesh :love::love: Though he hasn't told me what he is called yet. He's very, very clean - been here since Wednesday am and there is not one single poop in the open part of the hutch and he does all his business in one corner, the little treasure.

He's booked in for the snip on 30 December.

Last edited:
Oh he is gorgeous :love: Shame on the grandparents for not knowing better.

He looks very alert and not too scared, I reckon he could become a right character when he gets more confidence!

Awww, he's such a handsome little bun :love:

God, why are people so flipping ignorant and selfish! Really makes me cross :evil:

Thankfully there are good people like us out there who take good care of our animals (and other peoples!)

Please keep us updated on this little chappies progress, I'm sure he will find a forever home in no time :) xx

Thanksies :D

Hmmmmm, I believe you. ;) :lol:

He is absolutely gorgeous. :love: Bless you for taking care of him.

:oops::oops: Funny you should say that, when he was getting his jab and I told his Auntie Ruth that he wasn't staying, she said that she'd heard me say that before :oops::oops:

He definitely isn't staying though No disrepsect bunny because I think he will be really lovely when he learns to trust.

:lol::lol::lol: See, even Auntie Ruth knows. ;)

He looks like he could be quite cheeky when he comes out of his shell and I know he's guaranteed a brilliant home now, wherever that may be. :love:

Thanksies everybody

This little bunney amused me late last night as I gave him a Fenugreek Crunchie and ie tossed it about a bit as if I'd insulted him by offering it :shock::roll:

Tonight I managed to get him to tolerate a nose rub - he tipped his head right back as if he hoped my hand would slide off but after a few seconds I think he quite enjoyed it - he didn't run away when I did it again, anyway :love:

He whispered his name to me, and I think he might have said 'Denzil', but I'm not 100% sure that's what he said.

Quick update

This little guy is getting really friendly now. I can get away with stroking his back but he still isn't keen on nose rubs, he backs away but he isn't scared. He will take food off me now and comes running over when he sees me, even doing a little skip/shaky often :love::love:

I've left him at the vets today and he's having the snip tomorrow and will be up for rehoming within about two weeks.

I haven't named him yet but have said at the vets if he comes home with a name I'll happy as I don't want to be looking too deep into his soul to find his name (in case I can't part with him) .

Back