• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can we have some eating vibes for Smokey. U/D she's eating :-)

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
Went out to feed the rabbits this morning and she was hudddled in a cardboard box, refusing to eat.

I've been syringe feeding her every 2 hours and she has been to the emergency vet for gut motility drugs but is still not eating on her own:cry: She is inside, in the hall now with Inky to keep her company but is still really poorly. I'm so worried about her :(

Last edited:
Lots of eating vibes for Smokey. Did she get pain relief as well?

No although I have given her Metacam. The vet I saw seemed OK but you never really know what you're getting with emergency vets.

Thank you for all the vibes, she is 8 years old so anything like this is a terrible worry:(

Is there a way for you to observe without her seeing you? I found with Smudge if I was around and he was feeling rough with stasis he wouldn't eat as he felt unsafe. If the room was quiet he'd be more likely to start ahving mouthfuls here and there on his own.

Thanks again for all the vibes. I'm trying to keep an eye on her without her knowing, she is starting to drink (a lot) on her own but I'm not sure whether this is a good sign. She's also had some pineapple juice, I'm hoping it'll help.

Lots of vibes for your Mrs Smokey especially from my Mr Smokey who sends
his love to a fellow Smokey:love::love:

Thank you! And thank you to everyone else that sent vibes they have worked! She has just started eating on her own with a bit of carrot and some hay! I'm so happy, I was so worried about her. Inky is chuffed to bits too.

Thanks again,

FC xx

Back