• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

think my bunny's very very ill :-(

mikek

Warren Veteran
she's very weak, been on my lap (which has never happened before) and now snuggled up in a duvet. just about able to eat but can't really move about properly.

took her to vet yesterday cos she looked under the weather but no obv signs. she was worse last night - had to stay up wiv her till 3a.m. seemed a bit better 9 a.m. but seems as bad as last night/worse now.

fink she gonna die

just called but surgery not open. vet's calling me back soon but i can't afford out of hours (really can't). will go tomoz asap if....

think mebbe old age (8yrs) and she had a lump removed last feb.......could be tumor or summat as she's lost weight over the summer. was 2.5kg in feb, 2 kg yesterday. 2 to 3 yrs ago she was 3.5kg and a bit o/weight

pretty upset atm

I'm sorry your bunny isn't feeling well :( Is your vet rabbit savvy? If not he/she may well have missed something :(

If she's 8 years old it COULD be old age unfortunately, or a cancerous tumour that has spread :( What breed is she? Is she spayed?

I'm sorry your bunny isn't feeling well :( Is your vet rabbit savvy? If not he/she may well have missed something :(

If she's 8 years old it COULD be old age unfortunately, or a cancerous tumour that has spread :( What breed is she? Is she spayed?

i think it may be old age too. the vet just called back....by luck the same as who saw her yesterday. she was surprised Radish had taken a turn for the worse, said what to do to nurse her, said she could see her, but would prob req blood tests etc so not much point till tomoz - basic nursing only thing atm.

i'll reassess tomoz.

radish seems comfortable atm in the duvet. looked bad 90mins ago.....i was thinking mebbe time to put her down but was thinking sh'll prob die in a few mins anyway.

(she was spayed in feb when she had the tumour removed. and she's just normal type breed - pic is 4 yrs ago mebbe)

DSCN1986.jpg

Last edited:
If she's that poorly I think she needs to go to the vet. They may be able to put her on a drip or on oxygen to help her. If money is a problem could you ask if they'll let you have a payment plan? Is there anyone you could borrow from? Sending lots of vibes for Radish xx

Aww, she is gorgeous :love: Reminds me of my Boris a little bit.

Hmm, how about her teeth? Did she get those checked at the vets? If not could it be a dental issue?

Sending vibes for your girl xxx

Edit: I agree with Captain Helen.

Agree with Captain Helen also. Is she vaccinated against VHD? Just thinking about the tiredness, the vets will be able to have another look at her and see if there's anything they missed. Lots of vibes for her xx

It sounds a bit like how my Munchkin died on Friday - very sudden, with nothing obviously wrong - although she was only four, so not old.

Binky free, Radish xxxx

the end of an era. i loved those bunnies.

they had most of my garden to roam and dig in - even got thru to under next door's patio wiv their burrows.

breaks my heart to see rabbits in hutches.

i'm totally devasted atm. always am. i still feel so sad about her sister who died 2 years ago. stupid i know. don't think i could have any more :love:

Back