• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For Yvette. Lily's Story.Pt2 p16/ Pt3 p30

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Part 1. Lily arrives at Rainbow Bridge.

Close your eyes, concentrate really hard and in a twitch of a whisker you will be in a place not too far away, a place somewhere between twilight and the dark, between sleep and awake. A soft twinkling light shows the path leading to Rainbow Bridge. The journey along the path is an easy one and the smell of night scented stock fills the air helping you on your way. Even though the path to Rainbow Bridge is a long one you will not tire and the closer you get the more spring you will have in your step,the more bounce in your hop. Those who started on the path with no sight can see a warm glow ahead and follow the light, those who could not hear are lead by the night time songs of the Robins (also known by many at the Bridge as the Tweets) those who were once battered and bruised, cold and afraid now feel hopeful and renewed, the old start to run as they did in their youth and the very young binky, popcorn, leap, hop, skip and jump for joy as they race each other to the beautiful colours at the end of the path which leads to Rainbow Bridge.

When Lily arrived at the Bridge she found herself at the back of a very long queue of excited animals. 'What are we waiting for?' asked Lily. 'We are waiting to get in' said a gerbil 'some bun is holding us up' tapping his little foot the slightly impatient gerbil shouts up the line 'what's the problem?'.
A bunny with a clip board shouts back 'there's no problem, it's a security matter, nothing to worry about, I just have to check that everything is in order before letting you all through'. Whispers start to pass down the line, eventually the whispers reach the gerbil who then whispers to Lily who in turn whispers to a bird behind her who has just joined the queue. 'What?' asked the bird. Lily whispers again 'the lemons on the cushion are blue'. Over hearing this the gerbil says 'I didn't say that? I said the lemons on the cushion are stuck with glue' the sheep in front of the gerbil now pipes up 'I didn't say anything about lemons!' and the dog in front of the sheep adds 'and I didn't say anything about glue?
Lily stands up on her back legs and tries to peer over the now higgledy piggledy line of animals. 'Perhaps I should go to the front of the queue and find out what was really said'. 'Yes, that's a good idea' replied the gerbil.

At the front of the queue there is a rather official looking rabbit. He wears his ears one at number 11 the other at number 4, he has a walkie talkie radio in his paw. 'Excuse me sir, we are all wondering what's holding up the queue?' The official looking bunny replies 'before I let any more newbies over the Bridge I have to make sure everyone gets a welcome pack, has an identity photo and their, paw, hoof, claw print taken. We had a couple of coach loads of lemmings arrive earlier, they were very excitable, dying to get in, it just took us a while to organise all the welcome officers'. 'Oh I see' said Lily. ' I am great Uncle Beige the 3rd, Head of Security here at Rainbow Bridge, there's nothing to worry about little one, you will soon cross the bridge and everyone will be waiting for you'.

Last edited:
Wow - That's lovely (I know I'm not Yvette but Munchkin went to the Bridge on Friday and your story has helped me to cry for the first time since she died - thank you).

Hope you don't mind, Yvette.

I'm not Yvette either :oops: but only Rabswood could make us laugh and cry in one post. So talented.

only Rabswood could make us laugh and cry in one post. So talented.

What HS said^^ It's been a weepy week so I might as well finish the week how I started :lol: Now getting comfy with mug of tea waiting for Part 2!!! :D

Wow - That's lovely (I know I'm not Yvette but Munchkin went to the Bridge on Friday and your story has helped me to cry for the first time since she died - thank you).

Hope you don't mind, Yvette.

Munchkin was probably able to go straight in, I don't believe there is normally a queue. We will have to see if Great Uncle Beige the Third can get a message back and let us know what Munchkin is up to.

Munchkin was probably able to go straight in, I don't believe there is normally a queue. We will have to see if Great Uncle Beige the Third can get a message back and let us know what Munchkin is up to.

Then I am Uber keen to find out why everybun has to wait!!

When can we expect Part 2????

I so hope Great Uncle Beige the Third can let us know how Munchkin is doing. It would be wonderful if she were to meet Lily or some of the other RU buns. I know she must be missing Dylan and Molly:(

Looking forward to Part Two (no pressure or anything - I am sure literary genius can't be forced but has to be allowed to flow naturally:))

Part 2

Lily meets her welcome officer and settles in at Rainbow Burrow.

Lily reached the front of the queue and was allowed through by Great Uncle Beige the Third Head of Security. she was then assigned a welcome officer, Smurfy Brindle. Every creature who goes to the bridge is assigned an officer of their own kind. Monkey is met by monkey, horse by horse. Rabbit by rabbit although sometimes something goes wrong and rabbit gets guinea pig. 'It's an age old problem' said Great Uncle Beige 'one we are still trying to rectify even here at the Bridge'

'Come with me Lily' said Smurfy Brindle a dainty little doe ' I iz a girl by the way Lily. I will take you to Rainbow Burrow where you iz going to live with all the other Bridge bunnies'. The girls binky their way across a field of sweet meadow hay before arriving at the burrow entrance. The entrance is small but once inside there is enough room to periscope. There is a sweet earthy smell down the burrow and the way is lit by dancing fireflies. It is not long before the tunnel splits into five. Lily follows Smuf down tunnel number four until they reach an underground opening with grassy mats mats on the floor and fresh hay piled up around the edges. Bunnies are flopped out all around, grooming and being groomed, snoozing, eating dandelions and nibbling on fruit sticks while taking it easy. A group of kits are playing toss and flip with a bunch of fresh carrot tops and two others Tiger Baby and Speckled Baby drink their mother BunBuns milk.

A group of bunnies in one corner roll around on the floor with much laughter. 'What are they laughing at?' asked Lily. 'oh it will be Grumpy Thumper rehearsing his stand-up routine for the Open Mike session on Wednesday. Tanya over there' Smufy points to a bunny laid on her tummy with her legs sticking out at the back 'she writes all his jokes. They are ex-BARC bunnies. Blueberry Muffin is here too' Smurfy looks around 'as anybun seen Blue?' 'He's out foraging in the woods, he'll be back soon' replies a pretty young doe named Cloud Tuckerbunnies. 'Now Lily it is time to rest before you get ready for tonight’s welcome party' Smurfy advises 'we iz partying until dawn' all the bunnies cheer. Yous can make a nest over there next to Cinnamon and her mummy but make sure you leave some space for Munchkin she will be arriving soon with her welcome officer. There iz plenty of foods around, everybun shares just help yourself, although I do have a secret supply of Wispa Golds, limited edition but keep it quiet' and with that Smurfy binkies off.

I'm crying again. It is so lovely. Love the bit about Munchkin and the former BARC bunnies - my Sue and Peggy will be there causing mayhem as all BARC bunnies do.

You are very talented rabswood. Thank you so much - reading this has really helped me.

Back