• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are anyone else's bunnies really dopey in the morning?

HS

Wise Old Thumper
It takes Daisy-Boo ages to realise that I'm there and with food! She looks really sleepy, jumps off the hutch and runs round a little, nibbles some hay and then kind of jolts awake and starts nomming her greens. Should I be worried, or is she just a bit 'slow'?!

I have to laugh because I call my little lop Maisie Moo which rhymes with Daisy boo :lol:

Only Nori and Maisie seem dopey when I feed them, it seems to take them a minute or so to realise where the food is, the other rabbits dive straight in :lol:

Twinkle can be like that if I go in the shed during the day when its sleepy time. the other week they went for their jabs and she was asleep in the box at the vets! The vet took the lid off the box, caught Ozzie then she just sat there snuggled up while she jabbed her, at which point she decided she had better get up cos the vet wanted to check her. Shes nearly 6 but weve only had her a couple of months so dont know if its age related or shes just a lazy bun.

Fair enough, she's just relaxed then! I think they may have had breakfast a little later than usual this morning, so they were in their sleepy time! When I take noms out at 6am, they're always wide awake!

Yes, they are quiet as the proverbial church mice and have been for at least the last hour (since I woke up).
They were scampering and binkying about most of the night.
At this time of day they're not interested in much except sitting in little balls. (need better words for this posture)

Depends what time in the morning I go to see them really, my two are usually most active around 6 to 10 AM. If I go downstairs at 11 (like today), they are still quite perky but starting to get a little sleepy, add another hour and a half to that and they are fast asleep :lol: Bella tends to be awake a little bit longer than Boris but I think that's because she's younger. She's also very inquistive and doesn't want to sleep if there's something going on :lol:

Back