• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did you know.........................

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
that Pets at Home Woodlands range do rabbit treats that have the following on the back in the list of ingredients?

"contains meat and animal derivatives"

Not the only company that does this. Don't they know that rabbits are vegetarians? Obviously not.

Last edited:
that Pets at Home Woodlands range do rabbit treats that have the following on the back in the list of ingrediants?

"contains meat and animal derivatives"

Not the only company that does this. Don't they know that rabbits are vegetarians? Obviously not.

Blimey! It's not a range I have used much but have gotten used to checking for egg. Never thought I would have to check for meat!:shock:

Blimey! It's not a range I have used much but have gotten used to checking for egg. Never thought I would have to check for meat!:shock:

The list of ingredients is in very small writing too Ali. I had some of these given to me today hence me finding this. Won't be feeding it. I just wonder what exactly it is.

If it was just that they were produced in a plant where meat was also packed/used it would say that surely, but this doesn't say that. It lists this in the ingredients proper.

:? And they're made for rabbits, not, say, rats? That's no good. What's the product called?

It doesn't specify, just says small animals, but baring in mind one is carrot shaped...................you gotta think they feel it's okay for bunnies (oh and the other is rabbit shaped)

Last edited:
I tend to avoid that type of product (and Pets at Home except for one or two products) but thanks for sharing this information.

The ingredients on the website say the carrot one contains gelatine. Not sure about the other one though :?

I wonder what the edible glue is made from...

ETA a quick google comes up with gelatine in a few searches for edible glue

Last edited:
just taken a photo of the back - shame they don't write the same thing on the website as on the packaging - owners could make an informed decision about their purchases then.

CrappyPetsatHomeTreats002.jpg

CrappyPetsatHomeTreats001.jpg

Ive never fed those particular treats but use thst range a lot as thought they were the best on the market!
Bearing in mind this is the same company that make Fenugreek Crunchies!

Yuck!!!!

Ive never fed those particular treats but use thst range a lot as thought they were the best on the market!
Bearing in mind this is the same company that make Fenugreek Crunchies!

I don't feed this type of treat either, but I do give Fenugreek Crunchies.....I think a bit of investigation is needed!

One of the reasons I avoid this sort of "treat". If I ever get given stuff like that it goes in the rat cage. My buns seem to prefer hay and dried herbs/plants so I don't feel too bad about depriving them

Thanks for the warning!

Also, it is quite high up the list of ingredients - I'm fairly sure that ingredients must be listed by quantity.

I have been sent a few of these treats for the bunnies too. I feel a bit guilty as i wont feed them to the buns either but someone has been kind enough to buy them for our bunnies with very good intentions :D I also have a pile of popcorn sticks that I also wont feed to our buns. I really don't know what to do with them as i don;t want to pass them on to anyone else either :?

Back