• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nylon stitches.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering what they do with them :? They don't dissolve so how do they take them out?

I took a picture of her wound and stitches but I can't put it on yet as I'm on my phone lol :) it's fine, and she's a lot more like herself now, just have no idea about the stitches :?

Anybody know??

Barney is obviously a buck but he had non-disolvable stitches, and the vet removed them whilst trying to trance him (I say try because B doesnt trance properly and instead went MENTAL).

Barney is obviously a buck but he had non-disolvable stitches, and the vet removed them whilst trying to trance him (I say try because B doesnt trance properly and instead went MENTAL).

Oh, she's pretty good at lying on her back for short periods like when we have to clean her bum every now and then :) does it take long lol?

Oh, she's pretty good at lying on her back for short periods like when we have to clean her bum every now and then :) does it take long lol?

Maybe around 3 mins? He let the girl that was training have a go so it took a bit longer than usual I imagine. Probably take longer for a girl as there will be more stitches.

If its the same as human stitches then it depends whether they are embedded or not ie due to the healing and how many stitches they are; we use stitch cutters which is a small blade or scissors if they are reasonbly loose; is very quick takes me less than a minute to remove stitches generally even on wriggly children. should be more or less the same i would imagine.

Back