• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to change a bunnies bed or The Battle of the Blanket.

First try and wave a piece of broccoli and distract said rabbit out of his bed.
Ignore the growl humprf and foot stamping.
Explain that the bed now smells worse than a teenagers dirty sock pile.
Watch rabbit turn his back on you and sneak further into his fleece blankie.
Offer a nice new fleece blanket you found in exchange.
Hastily drop said new fleece blanket as rabbit, taking an instant dislike to it, rips it from your hand and does a very good impression of a wolverine before stamping it to death and going back to the blanket in need of a wash.
Get fed up as time is racing on and attempt to drag the dog bed complete with said blanket out of the dog crate.
Tug of war ensues whilst rabbit uses teeth and forepaws to retrieve the blanket and run back to the crate with it leaving you with an empty plastic dog bed.
Its now personal - you enter the dog crate and end up wrestling with a rabbit over a stupid piece of smelly fabric.

You manage to retrieve said fabric now with more holes as well as two extra holes in the old jumper you now wear specially to get hold of that raggy piece of bedding.
Rabbit is now pitifully climbing up the crate using his front paws wearing a 'You want to drown my friend' look.

Put new blanket in dog bed and stick in crate.
Get the order of the bum.
Place said stinking putrid soggy edged ripped piece of stuff in the washing machine- on a fast wash.
Horrendous thumps, rattles and bangs tell you the rabbit is now voicing his total disapproval by trashing his bedroom and your kitchen. Its possibly as close to slamming the bedroom door a bun can manage.
Offer a selection of bun fave nibbles get ignored.

Bun goes on hunger strike nothing will work......visions of expensive vet fees hove into view.
Feel a heel and take whats left of the blanket and shove it in the tumble dryer asap.
Give newly laundered old blanket back to rabbit.
Rabbit sniffs chins it gives me a withering look. I used the wrong fabric conditioner.
Rabbit wins. I give in and walk off

Rabbit waits till he thinks I have gone then binkies makes happy wuffle noises and flops back into his bed and goes back to sleep.

Back