• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EVERYONE PLEASE....... for all the poor little animals..............

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
............particularly at this time of year.

Please spare a thought.

Those ones living in the warm, safe pet shops. (No I do agree with pet shops selling animals.) Many of which will be bought, brought home and left to live a cold, lonely ,and in totally unsuitable accommodation,and have a miserable existence. Never knowing what it is like to be loved and properly cared for.:cry::cry::cry:

The poor rabbits who will have been living inside and are about to be put outside. They won't have any winter coats on them. :cry::cry:

The poor guinea pigs which don't develop winter coats and so will also have no extra thick coat to keep them warm.:cry::cry:

They will be totally unprepared for the outdoors. The dark, cold, lonely and often dangerous environment they will have to rapidly adjust to.:cry::cry:

Also let's spare a thought for all the neglected, abused, and unwanted animals which are already enduring pain and suffering. :cry::cry:

As we rush around preparing for Christmas, let's just stop and think how lucky we and our own animals are.

The huge difference is that we care..............and will always continue to do so.

Take care. xxx

Last edited:
Such a thoughtful and wise post.

I often worry about wild animals and homeless people at this time of year ;(

Such a sad topic. It breaks my heart when I look over at my bunny-boy flopped over under the desk and think that could have so easily have been him - he was a Christmas present :cry: And then I think of the bunnies in the same petshop that, for whatever reason my husband did'nt choose :cry:
But I do thank god that my husband does have a soft (or cheap :lol:)side to him - apparently Frodo had been 'reduced' as he was classed as 'old stock':evil: and again I shudder at the thought of what might have been :censored:

Been thinking of this a lot today. Just come home from pets at home. saw a beautiful bunny in the adoption section. Just 5 months old!!. Made me sad :cry: He was a lovely little chap, but I cannot take him home :( I would if I could.

I wish I could do more. I feel helpless. So many abandoned souls, they've done nothing to deserve this and deserve the world. :cry:

:( ive been thinking about that alot too. went to P@H today and they had a MASSIVE pile of woodshavings and timothy hay outside. clearly promoting for all the buns they have in stock. there were so many :( i know i shouldnt have looked but couldnt help it. there were 2 giants too, one was a hare but its ears weren't standing up right :( its the most buns i have seen in there and they also had dogs pens with GP in, stating come and pet which clearly meant 'pet before you buy' :cry:

these poor animals could end up in the cold, alone. not knowing what is going on and with the out come of snow soon too :cry:

just looking at bella washing her face with her front paws, all cute sitting in her bed...... it could have been her :cry:

IT SHOULDN'T BE ANY OF THEM :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Been thinking of this a lot today. Just come home from pets at home. saw a beautiful bunny in the adoption section. Just 5 months old!!. Made me sad :cry: He was a lovely little chap, but I cannot take him home :( I would if I could.

I wish I could do more. I feel helpless. So many abandoned souls, they've done nothing to deserve this and deserve the world. :cry:

You do plenty.

You're on here, sharing your experiences with us and no doubt with less knowledgeable people who are not on a rabbit forum.

You care, so that is not being helpless.

They do all deserve the world..............and caring folk will always try to give them the love, care and attention they so need.

We do our best and that's wonderful.:D

Yes, but lets also take a moment to think about all the lucky animals that have found loving and knowledgable homes this year too. There has been so much good work done by so many to save them and to teach those who need teaching.

I think that huge head way has been made this year, even by certain pet shops who have made massive improvements to the standards in which pets are kept in store. They are also sold now with more care.

Still not enough I hear you all screaming, and I agree. But things are improving quickly now and long may this continue.

Yes, but lets also take a moment to think about all the lucky animals that have found loving and knowledgable homes this year too. There has been so much good work done by so many to save them and to teach those who need teaching.

I think that huge head way has been made this year, even by certain pet shops who have made massive improvements to the standards in which pets are kept in store. They are also sold now with more care.

Still not enough I hear you all screaming, and I agree. But things are improving quickly now and long may this continue.

I agree.

Things are improving and hopefully will continue to do so.................................forever. :thumb::thumb:

There are so many of these poor animals in pet shops. I just hope some of them will find RU (like I did when I got Oscar) and make changes to their lives for the better, rather than leaving them neglected and unloved.

That is my christmas wish.

My thoughts go out to all animals living in less than optimal conditions all around the world, and in particular the 2 poor little buns stuck in the Zoomir petshop in Lisichansk in Ukraine - I wish I could have taken you all, but I only had room for one more... :cry:

Back