• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy needs vibes please :o( U/D much better now! :o)

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
We have a vet appointment at 11.30. Last night when I went out at bedtime to give them their crunchie and oat hay she just wasn't interested :( she was just lying down looking forlorn. She was like that the other week though and fine the next morning, so I thought I'd wait and see how she was. But this morning she's just the same :( I got her to eat a crunchie but that's all. I don't know whether it's EC, ear infection or if she's eaten something in the garden that doesn't agree with her :( it's horrible seeing her like this, I want her better again and running around :(

Last edited:
Poor girl :cry:

Can you bring her indoors and provide her with a heat source such as a snuggle safe ? If she is poorly she wont be able to maintain her body temperature and she will become hypothermic. This would just add to her problems and have a negative impact on her prognosis.

Sending vibes for her.

I hope meds from the vet will make her feel better again.
I agree wth Jane, keeping her warm is important.

Sending lots of vibes.

Poor girl :cry:

Can you bring her indoors and provide her with a heat source such as a snuggle safe ? If she is poorly she wont be able to maintain her body temperature and she will become hypothermic. This would just add to her problems and have a negative impact on her prognosis.

Sending vibes for her.

Hi Jane, yes I thought about that, but if I bring her in she won't be able to go back out again will she, and we don't have space for 2 big bunnies inside. There is a heater in their kennel though and 2 snugglesafes, we are going to the vets in 20 minutes, I'm so worried about her :(

Poor baby. :( Let us know how you get on.

It's important to keep her well hydrated so try offering her cucumber, and put a little bowl of water next to her too.

Well we were in with the vet about 40 minutes, he gave her a thorough examination. Temperature fine, no sign of ear or any other infection, teeth ok, no nystagmus, doesn't look like EC. The most likely thing is that she's hurt herself jumping off something in the kennel, as she doesn't want to use her back legs properly. She has had a metacam injection and I've got more to give her tomorrow, she's got panacur just in case. The vet didn't want to give her baytril as she didn't have any indications for it. He said to restrict her movement and see if she's improved by tomorrow. She has nibbled a bit of hay and a few pellets (before we went) but she is definitely still needing vibes :( thanks for all the vibes so far x

Sending her more vibes for Daisy. How is Digby reacting to her being not quite herself? xx

He is generally ignoring her really :( I was hoping he would snuggle up and groom her, but I think he's just wondering what's up with her. Hopefully the metacam will kick in soon and she'll start feeling better.

He is generally ignoring her really :( I was hoping he would snuggle up and groom her, but I think he's just wondering what's up with her. Hopefully the metacam will kick in soon and she'll start feeling better.

I don't have experience of bonded buns, but from what I have read on here they do react differently to their partner being unwell. Some are snuggly but others are like Digby and don't know what to make of it. Is she drinking as well as having a few nibbles?

Thinking of you all. xx

Hope to see Daisy better soon.:( My Roly is awful when his lady friend isn't well, doesn't have a clue how to react. :roll:

Well I think Daisy's feeling a little bit better, she came out and had a hop round the garden, which she wouldn't do this morning. I think she's moving a bit better although still a bit unsteady on her back legs. I don't know if she's trying not to put weight on one side, I can't quite tell. She's hardly eaten anything all day though, she's had a couple of crunchies and a few strands of hay, but she seems most interested in eating her seagrass ball!? :? I'm going to give them their tea of veggies soon, i'm hoping and praying she eats some of that :(

Good she seems a bit brighter, but hope she is back to normal nomming soon. My poor Spenser is not allowed veg at the moment after his little upset earlier in the week. I'm sure he would love to help Dasiy eat her tea! xxx

Back