• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A quick heads ups for anyone after a very fluffy bunny

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Prepare for hay city!!

Poor Smudge. He's getting all the blame for all the hay everywhere at the moment. He can't help it, his super fluffy paws and botbot are just collecting hay like nobody's business.

Roll on summer!

Sharik is the same - her mane, belly and fuzzy little bum are like magnets for all kinds of stray hay and whatever other debris lies in her way - she is very good at keeping her bum clean though, so at least that's one worry less :love:

really not looking foward to summer :cry:
My youngest rabbit I got in august sometimes gets the odd poo stuck to her fur as its so long :( I already lost a rabbit this year due to flystrike and I really don't want this to happen again. I will buy rear guard in the spring so I can at least try and stop the flys from going near them and also I will staple fly nets onto their runs :roll:

Sharik is the same - her mane, belly and fuzzy little bum are like magnets for all kinds of stray hay and whatever other debris lies in her way - she is very good at keeping her bum clean though, so at least that's one worry less :love:

Literally two seconds after I've swept there is hay everywhere again :roll:

I still love him though :love:

Annabelle does this :lol: she's a lot better since I had her bum trimmed in the summer though, her tufty skirt bits are just growing back now bless her :love:

really not looking foward to summer :cry:
My youngest rabbit I got in august sometimes gets the odd poo stuck to her fur as its so long :( I already lost a rabbit this year due to flystrike and I really don't want this to happen again. I will buy rear guard in the spring so I can at least try and stop the flys from going near them and also I will staple fly nets onto their runs :roll:

Why dont you get the hair around her bum trimmed? My vet did it for my Annabelle as I was concerned in the summer, as I cant bum check her properly because she's so skittish.

Why dont you get the hair around her bum trimmed? My vet did it for my Annabelle as I was concerned in the summer, as I cant bum check her properly because she's so skittish.

I have the same problem, my lily is fine she will let you pick her up but ounce she is in your arms she will chew your jumper and when you try to tip her up to check her she struggles and butts you to put her down :roll: all my best jumpers have holes in lol :lol: shes a cheeky little thing. :lol:

Back