• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy 5th Gotcha Day Kira Degu!

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
A bit late... It was the 9th :oops: Sorry Kira!

Kira is about 5 years and 2 months old. She was just 2 months old when I adopted her and her mum Milly (RIP) from a "rescue".

I went with the intention of adopting 3 males. When I got there the woman was surprised to see a baby. She thought there were two, but assumed both had escaped through the bars of the cage and died. :cry: She hadn't bothered to separate the males from the females. There was one adult female in with 7 adult males, I think.

I couldn't leave the girls there to get pregnant again. I regret not reporting that "rescue" at the time. :(

After Kira's mum Milly passed away I found two friends for her. Unfortunately the bond didn't work and Kira was badly attacked. :( She can still see and talk to the other girls though.

Kira1b.jpg

Kira9b.jpg

Kira13b.jpg

Kira16b.jpg

Kira22b.jpg

Kira24b.jpg

Happy 5th gotcha day, my special girl. Hope we have many more! :love:

Thank you :)

She has tooth problems and has to have a dental every three weeks. :( She has her pellets soaked in water to make it easier for her to eat.

She's a very special girl. :love:

Poor mite but she's very lucky to have someone willing to shell out for dentals, sadly I imagine many wouldn't bother. Degu's are one animal that I've never had in the ark.:lol:

She's gorgeous. :love: Happy belated birthday.

I've never actually seen a degu in the fur but they look fascinating little creatures.

Back