• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking About Bonding Dylan and Wispa Again.

Isis

Mama Doe
I just wanted your guys opinions.

I'm moving on Monday and was thinking about doing it in my new flat, I've got a few days off, so will be there to watch them for three days. I've also got more freedom to do it, and not have parents moan at me etc.

What do you think?

Hi! Ive not idea of their past relatioinship or if they have been bonded before etcf...but you could give it a try....only thing is I dont htink 3 days is enought ime...I bonded mine over a week, and then spent a nother couple of weeks moving them into their areas...:? so if you ran out of time...then would you have to re-seperate? and then it would make a re-bond harder next time? It does depend on their relationship as it is now I think...if they have been previously bonded...then why have they been seperated? They may need a little longer with supervision to be able to be friends again... Im sure more epxerienced folks will help but this is just some things I would be concerned about.;)

I tried bonding them in the summer, after a few days they didn't fight and Dylan was licking wispa. I then extended their enclosure after three days (I think), everything went fine. After a week, they went down into the shed, in the hutch, which is in the shed. When I let them have the run of the shed, they started fighting again. Wispa, was the one that started the fights, think he wanted to be the dominant one. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, posting from my phone. There is a thread on RU, somewhere, about their bond.

on past history of your buns, i'd say you're going to want at least a week if not longer of time to monitor them and this time, take it slower than a week before you move them out to a shed - problem is, you wont be able to bring them in and bond them then put them back out again, but if they are to stay indoors, the new territory would be beneficial, as it'll be totally neutral, but the time is the biggest factor, imo.

They will be staying inside, but it's time that I don't have. If I don't do it now, I don't think I can do it in the future, because of the neutral space, won't be neutral anymore.

Back