• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amazing Belgian Hares in Rescue - VIDEO ! UD Post 30 bonded and still looking . .

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
My local Blue Cross (Cambridge) has two male Belgian Hares in at present - they are superb!!

Hercule and TinTin . .

surely someone must want them? Unlikely a suitable family will just walk in off the street as they need special homes - anyone on here wanting two Belgian Hares????

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/2586-95012/hercule.html (this links to a Video now . . please look!!)

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/2586-95013/tintin.html

(If the links don't work search on Blue Cross adoption Cambridge and then look at rabbits).

Last edited:
:love: oh if only i could. the OH said the other day that in th new year we could look to get another bun as im so happy when im with them but my 2 are my max. dont want to have to scrimp on thm, i love to spoil them rotten. hope these gorgeous biys get fab homes. belgian hars are the best :love:

Can people spread the word about these? I suspect they could go as a pair if someone is prepared to spend the time bonding them - I can ask for more details from the Blue Cross as they are just 500metres away from me!! Whether they came in as a pair etc

The standard rehoming procedures would mean that they might end up in rather less room than they will need unless we can get a home through the rabbity network.

Anyone else got a hare already?.

My Boris is a black belgian hare, he is very people friendly, clever and inquisitive, I've read this is a common temperament for belgian hares :love:

Weren't there two belgian hares rehomed through here called Herge and Tintin a while ago? Tintin seems to be a popular name for hares anyway!

They are beautiful :love::love:

Weren't there two belgian hares rehomed through here called Herge and Tintin a while ago? Tintin seems to be a popular name for hares anyway!

They are beautiful :love::love:

I think its the Belgian connection . . these have come from an RSPCA case (not just these ones ) to the Blue Cross and very unlikely to be the same ones . .

I don't think they make ook house bunnies. I had redge inside for a while there. And he hated it . He couldn't get a proper run about and his legs kept slidding all over the flooring. I would have these two in a minute. If I thought I could bond him with redge and his wife they are specail creatures they have a magical feeling about them. I am sure. He can read my thoughts

I think its the Belgian connection . . these have come from an RSPCA case (not just these ones ) to the Blue Cross and very unlikely to be the same ones . .

I know they're not the same ones, I just thought it was funny they had the same name. I didn't think of the Belgian connection, feel stupid now! :lol::lol:

would they make ok house buns?

I guess it's down to the individual rabbit, taking into account Collielovers post about her bun not liking being inside. :) Boris does love being a housebunny, he is on carpet so no sliding on the floor, he does race around very quickly a lot and binkies the most I've seen a rabbit binky! :lol: He follows me round, waits patiently for me outside the bathroom etc :lol: And loves settling down next to me on my chair, he does this for about an hour each night whilst I stroke him and he grooms me, the perfect companion :love: But like I said it depends on the rabbit, as collielovers post above about her belgian hare not liking the housebunny life. :)

I wonder if maybe Webble could highlight them as RR's bunnies of the week. Might be worth an ask if you haven't already :)

excellent idea - does it matter that they are not in a rescue of mine? I have told the Blue Cross manager I am highlighting them on forums and Facebook and he is very grateful.

excellent idea - does it matter that they are not in a rescue of mine? I have told the Blue Cross manager I am highlighting them on forums and Facebook and he is very grateful.

No I will feature them as they are special. The Blue Cross dont actually list their buns on the RR site. Is there a reason do you know? Maybe they need a volunteer to do it for them ;)

We fostered a Belgian Hare for a short while, although he was more a X breed but definitely Belgian. We took him off a really nice guy who couldn't cope with him. He was living as a house rabbit on hard wood floors and had developed terrible sore hocks, lost all the fur on his rear feet and had sores on all 4 paws. IMO they do not make great house pets unless you have some big open spaces with soft flooring and/or can provide plenty of deep bedding/fluffy blankets etc in areas that bunny likes to rest up. Having a Belgian Hare in terms of foot care is like having a Rex.

On top of the foot issue (they have very narrow slender feet) they need TONS of space and are like lightning. Teshie was a nutter when he was free ranging in our garden, literally the speed of light. :shock: Gorgeous buns, very affectionate, very naughty and very fast! :D

Last edited:
Back