• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad day- U/D p.14 Very distressing pics *Animal cruelty*****

helen01

Warren Veteran
I went to pick up three emergency fosters today, apparently their elderly owner died and the daughter and son have been lumbered with them:shock: They came with just their collars, signed over to us as all girls age 5, 6 and 11. All lies we suspect as one of them is male two are oldies and one younger one. I had to rush them to the vets as the elderly female was really ill in the car, she has a grade 4 heart murmur but with love and TLC she will hopefully be okay. It took me and hour to cut the poo and matts from the pads of her paws, she was so matted I could only see one of her eyes:evil: The other two are so bad they will need shaving so will go to the groomers first thing tomorrow.

I have just downloaded the pics of them for the rescue I foster for and feel so angry for them I wanted to share them with you.

This is Honey, she is so matted she will need shaving tomorrow:cry:

heidihoneyandcrip026.jpg

Heidi was really bad:shock:

heidihoneyandcrip005.jpg

I couldnt see the pads on her paws, her nails were so long some had snapped to the quick, Her pads must have been really painful:(

heidihoneyandcrip007.jpg
heidihoneyandcrip009.jpg
heidihoneyandcrip004.jpg

Here she is in the bath, how did they let her get like that:evil:?
heidihoneyandcrip017.jpg

Here she is after a bath and a haircut (will tidy her up in a few days:oops:)

heidihoneyandcrip031.jpg
heidihoneyandcrip039.jpg

Heres the oldie boy:

heidihoneyandcrip035.jpg

All will stay in foster care for a while as they need a lot of TLC:love:

Last edited:
Awwwwwwwwww :love:

Heidi must feel so nice after her bath and trim - Hope they all recover well xxxx

It's very easy to feel jaded.... but think, these have been saved to be given the chance of a better life, and that is down to you fostering them.
Well done and good luck for their future..... Which you have contributed towards.:)

It's very easy to feel jaded.... but think, these have been saved to be given the chance of a better life, and that is down to you fostering them.
Well done and good luck for their future..... Which you have contributed towards.:)

Thank you:D I will be fine in the morning:D Two will be moving on to other foster carers over the weekend as they seem to bully Heidi (the really skinny one), she will stay with me for as long as she needs and get plenty of R&R. Heidi has attached herself to one of my other foster dogs so will be fine here and hopefully she will gain some weight pretty quickly :love:

My groomer cried when she was cutting them:( Under the matts poor Crip (now Pip) has a really deformed back end, his legs are bad and he has a mass on the right side. His tail has been broken in a few places too but isnt painful so an old injury:shock: My vets wants to give him some time to settle and gain strength before she investigates further. He is moving to his new foster carer tomorrow where he will stay for the foreseeable future:love:

Here he was last night before grooming:

heidihoneypip004.jpg
heidihoneypip003.jpg

And here he is now:love:

heidihoneypip011.jpg
heidihoneypip010.jpg

His legs and mass:

heidihoneypip013.jpg
heidihoneypip012.jpg

Honey has scrubbed up well, she will move with Pip to her foster home tomorrow:love:

heidihoneypip014.jpg
heidihoneypip015.jpg

Heidi, bless her:love: She is soo underweight and falls over when walking:cry: I dont know whats in store for her but she will stay with me for now. She gets walked all over by the other two and my lot are very gentle here. Here she is cuddled up to my other foster dogs tonight (she is wearing pink! lol)
heidihoneypip2001.jpg
heidihoneypip2002.jpg

Oh poor Pip, that is just absolutely heartbreaking :cry::cry: I hope he and Honey are soon settled in to their new foster home and start to be healthier, happier doggies in time. I really hope the mass turns out to be, well, as good as it can be. :(

Poor little Heidi, but she looks so happy with your dogs. I am sure they know they are safe and loved and wanted and will always be looked after now.
Why do people do these things?!! :cry:

They really are the most special little dogs, they really have captured the hearts of everyone they have met:love: I can only surmise that their owner has been bedridden and the callous family have locked them up in the crate 24/7 to keep them out of the way:censored: It was only a 3ft x 2ft crate too that the three dogs lived in (completely covered in poop:evil:). The family couldn't get rid of them quick enough, they even sent a friend to drop them off because they couldnt be bothered to bring them :evil:

Merry Christmas little doggies! You can now have the rest of your life in comfort and happiness.

ETA: Those little jumpers are so cute, we should have those for the little doggums at work!

Back