• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like such a bad bunny mummy :(

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
...because my attempt at making my own bunny treats failed miserably so now I don't know what to give them for Xmas! I feel horrible because I've spent loads on the hamster and now I barely have enough money left to get them something :oops: I know they technically don't care about Xmas gifts (and Fluff really NEEDS a bigger cage) but I still feel guilty :(

Gonna give the bunny treats another go tomorrow I think...unless the ones I made today go crunchier overnight :roll: Which I doubt. Not even Bella seemed keen and she usually eats anything. That's a bad sign :oops:

Aw that's a shame :( Don't worry though, the bunnies won't mind at all :) Good luck with the next try xxx

Oh no, what happened to them?

I wouldn't worry too much about their christmas presents, I think the effort alone you are putting in shows how much you care about them :)

Yeah, probably :oops: I made them too thick as well to begin with, they probably needed at least another hour in the oven. I'm gutted :(

Silly question but why can't you just put them back in the oven? I would think that if they bake some more that they would be fine.

I don't know, maybe...my mum and sister were complaining about how bad they smelled though so I can't try until tomorrow :roll: But certainly will, it could work!

What about if you try to put them in the oven on very low heat for a much longer time? That way they shouldn't smell just sort of dry out and crisp up.

I also just had a thought. What if you put a pot of water and cinnamon on a top burner to simmer while you baked them. That way it would cover up the smell.

They take a long while to dry out in the oven, and I agree the smell isn't great either. There's no reason why you can't finish baking them tomorrow though - they don't need cooking, as such, they just need the moisture removed. :)

How long did you bake them for? I did mine all day at a really low heat.

I'm not sure, I didn't check, but 2 hours maybe :oops: Don't know if I should start over completely or pop these back in tomorrow while I go the the vets to get Boris more Septrin, if I leave them overnight I feel like they won't be as fresh and tasty...:lol:

They take a long while to dry out in the oven, and I agree the smell isn't great either. There's no reason why you can't finish baking them tomorrow though - they don't need cooking, as such, they just need the moisture removed. :)

I love the smell of bunny biscuits. My cranberry orange and sultana ones smell good enough to eat :) In fact I did hear about an incident of human consumption as they were mistaken for continental biscuits from the German market :lol::lol:

You could think of these as a practice run. Next time you'll know more about what works.

I never expect a recipe to turn out well the first time I try it; it's just a bonus if it does.

I love the smell of bunny biscuits. My cranberry orange and sultana ones smell good enough to eat :) In fact I did hear about an incident of human consumption as they were mistaken for continental biscuits from the German market :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My biscuits were quite plain - they only had a small amount of apple in - so all I got was the aroma of pellets. :lol:

Good point Vita, at least I know what to do different next time to make them turn out good :lol:

Maybe I should add some more yummy ingredients to my original recipe, to make them smell a little more pleasant. These had a lot of pellets in and thus, the entire house smelled of dried grass :shock: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My biscuits were quite plain - they only had a small amount of apple in - so all I got was the aroma of pellets. :lol:

I quite like that smell, but I guess anything is better than sprayed hormonal bunny wee which is what my clothes smell of most of the time :roll: :lol::lol:

Back