• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How they keep rabbits in pet shops in Ukraine :(

Alleycat

Alpha Buck
This was how my little King lived the first 8 months of his life - note the second rabbit in the same cell :(

IMG009.jpg

When I got him, he was scared, not inquisitive at all, hated being handled, and didn't know what a nose rub was :( Now, after 10 weeks in the living room (he does go in the cage for an hour or two a day, so Sharik doesn't go crazy not being allowed in to what was previously a free-access area), he is inquisitive, binkies and does the bunny 500 on a regular basis, and loves his nose and back rubs. He still hates being handled though, but can't win them all:love::love::love:

IMG086.jpg

Oh gosh, poor bunnies. A lot of UK pet shops are no better. It looks like King has an amazing new home though :D

That is so wrong! They are tiny prisons as you put it, thank goodness you have him now and he can run around as a rabbit is designed to do! Wow, that is just awful.:cry:

I've seen tiny hutches but that's ridiculous :( Do they not have pet shops laws in there, or something similar to the RSPCA? If so I'd definately report it :(

And I thought things were bad over here... pet shop rabbits here have large enclosures at least, that first picture is just horrible :( I'm glad he has a good home now :) :love:

That is so bad :( At least he's with you now - although it doesn't do much for all the other bunnies still in similar conditions.

Do many people keep rabbits as pets in the Ukraine Alleycat?

Awful :cry: Glad he has a lovely home with you now though :love: It's good to have members from other countries on here, my sister went to Ukraine on a school trip and it was one of her favourites she'd been on :)

That's awful :( he looks happy now though :love:

The rabbit in the bottom left of the photo is Sharik - King is in the cage on that pic because I need to give Sharik her one hour in the living room a night to avoid a revolution :roll:, but below here he is when he runs free:

IMG081.jpg

SamanthaJane - a lot of people do, but because most people have gardens here, they are normally well cared for once they are bought as pets (normally, of course not always), but they do often get eaten when they reach a certain size, so I think they would be better of living with one of us here on RU :)

Last edited:
I've seen tiny hutches but that's ridiculous :( Do they not have pet shops laws in there, or something similar to the RSPCA? If so I'd definately report it :(

Sorry, just saw this - they barely have human rights, so they are ages away from animal rights yet... :(

Back