• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look Out For Rabbits,If You Love Them

bunnygirl75

New Kit
I know that times are hard but animals seem to be suffering for it.I know that animal shelters are filling but there are alot of people who would rather be cruel than hand their animal over to a shelter.

I've noticed lately the amount of rabbits lost and found have been reported in local papers and in newsagents windows but I have been horrified to hear from people that have said they have left their hutch door open for the rabbit to go or to be taken.My own neighbour,who's kids had grown up and got fed up with their bunnies,left the hutch open and the foxes came for them.

Fortunately,I'm surrounded by people who take in rabbits and lessen the burden on our animal shelters but some rabbits will not be so lucky.So,I ask you,all you animal lovers,check on your neighbours,your friends and even family.Are there any signs that they can't cope with their rabbit and would consider doing something to harm them or send them out into the wild.Offer them help or support to re home their pet.

I think we all on this site love our animals so if we all look out for others alittle more we can cut down or even stop this new trend of "animal dumping"

For most of us,they are our babies and they love us back just as much.

I'll drink to that! I recently helped my friend re-home her chinnie after id convinced her that she wasnt getting the care or attention she needed, even on a basic level such as water sometimes :shock: best thing ive done all year! The chinnie has a fabulous home and is now well loved!

Back